Bynum's Double-Double Leads Windy City to Victory Over Grand Rapids
Hoffman Estates, IL - The Windy City Bulls (17-20), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, had six players score in double figures en route to a 125-117 victory over the Grand Rapids Drive Friday night at the Sears Centre Arena.
Will Bynum scored 24 points while dishing out 13 assists to lead the Bulls to their third straight victory. Jarell Eddie added 19 points and eight rebounds while Aaron Thomas scored 18 points. Wesley Saunders came off the bench to record a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Drive, the D-League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, suffered their third straight loss despite a game-high 34 points from Jordan Crawford.
After a high scoring first quarter that resulted in a 40-40 tie, Windy City raced out to a 71-60 lead in the third quarter behind 14 points from Eddie.
The Bulls built a 106-88 lead, their largest of the game, with 9:05 remaining in the fourth quarter and held on for the victory down the stretch.
Windy City finished the game shooting 43% from the field while dishing out 25 assists. The Drive shot just 35% from the floor on the night.
The Bulls return to action tomorrow night at the Sears Centre Arena when they welcome the defending NBA D-League Champion Sioux Falls Skyforce to the Sears Centre Arena. The first 1,000 fans 12 or younger in attendance will receive a replica youth practice jersey. For more information visit WindyCityBulls.Com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2017
- Iowa Starts Fast, Defeats Oklahoma City on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Defeat Long Island Nets 95-87 - Austin Spurs
- Bynum's Double-Double Leads Windy City to Victory Over Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Cruise Past Red Claws for 127-107 Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bulls Hand Drive Third Straight Loss - Grand Rapids Drive
- Sevens Keep Erie at Bay - Delaware Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Retire #19 in Win against Knicks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short for Westchester Knicks in Loss To Mad Ants - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Lorenzo Brown Returns to the Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Game Notes: vs. Maine Red Claws - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Acquire Da'shonte Riley - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller