Seven-Run Third Inning Lifts Sea Dogs to 11-6 Win
Portland, Maine - Portland, Maine- The Portland Sea Dogs (42-23) used a seven-run third inning to defeat the Harrisburg Senators (24-43) 11-6 Wednesday night at Hadlock Field. The win extended the Sea Dogs win streak to 15 games.
The Sea Dogs sent 11 batters to the plate in the third inning scoring seven runs on eight hits. Grant Williams got the scoring started with a two-run double down the leftfield line. Jeisson Rosario and Devlin Granberg each chipped in with RBI singles, while Tyreque Reed and Hudson Potts contributed RBI doubles in the inning. Ryan Fitzgerald's second hit of the inning drove in Reed to cap the scoring in the inning.
Fitzgerald added another RBI single in the seventh as he completed a perfect night at the plate with a 4-for-4 performance with two RBI's and two runs scored.
Kutter Crawford (3-2) earned the win holding the Senators to two runs on seven hits over six innings of work. Crawford struck out nine and did not walk a batter.
Pedro Castellanos extended his hit streak to nine games with a single in the fourth inning.
The Sea Dogs and Senators continue the series Thursday night at 6:00 PM. Right-handed pitcher Frank German (3-4, 5.33) will start for Portland. Harrisburg will send righty Luis Reyes (7-5, 4.74) to the mound. Radio coverage on the WPEI Sea Dogs Radio Network, built by General Dynamics/ Bath Iron Works, begins at 5:45 PM. The game is also available on MiLB.TV.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from July 21, 2021
- Rutschman's Career Night Leads Baysox To 20-7 Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Baysox Use Six Homers to Beat Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Take Second Straight over Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- Chris Bec Hits First Homer in 7-6 Loss to Reading - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Ponies Walk It off to Win Pitcher's Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Reading Wins Battle with New Hampshire - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Fall in Extras to Ponies - Erie SeaWolves
- Seven-Run Third Inning Lifts Sea Dogs to 11-6 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Early Lead Disappears for Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- RubberDucks Rebound at Home with Shutout of Richmond Flying Squirrels, 3-0 - Akron RubberDucks
- Squirrels Blanked by 'Ducks on Wednesday Afternoon - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- July 21, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Information - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.