Series Heads to Cleveland for Game Three
The North Division Finals head to Cleveland for games three and four, with the Marlies holding a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.
With a win at home on Friday, the Marlies have posted five consecutive postseason wins and are the only team without a loss in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Their league-best power play (38.9%) has converted on seven of 18 opportunities, and their penalty kill (86.7%) has allowed only two goals against. Kasimir Kaskisuo is now 5-0-0-0 in the playoffs with a .942 Save Percentage and a 1.78 Goals Against Average.
The Cleveland Monsters are now 3-3 in the playoffs. With the series heading to Cleveland, the Monsters will now have the advantage of home ice as they look to claw their way back into the series. The Marlies have been stellar on the road, picking up two wins in Rochester in their first-round sweep of the Americans. They have a league-best power play (40%) and penalty kill (100%) when playing away from the Coliseum this postseason.
Players to watch: Jeremy Bracco recorded the primary assist on Mueller's first period power play goal and had the lone assist on Carcone's game-winning goal in overtime. Bracco is tied for the lead in assists (8) and has tallied 10 points total through five games. Egor Korshkov scored his first AHL career goal at 18:23 of the second period in his first AHL game on Friday. Rasmus Sandin recorded the primary assist on Korshkov's second period goal. Sandin has picked up seven assists through five games, leading all defencemen and rookies.
Puck drops at 3PM today on Leafs Nation Network and AHLTV. Fans across Canada can also atream the game live in the Maple Leafs app. Follow the Marlies on Twitter and Instagram for behind-the-scenes action from the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.
Head to Head (2019 Calder Cup Playoffs)
5-0-0-0 Overall Record 3-3-0-0
2-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-1-1-0
Win 5 Streak Loss 2
19 Goals For 19
9 Goals Against 15
38.9% Power Play Percentage 9.5%
86.7% Penalty Kill Percentage 62.5%
C. Mueller (5) Leading Goal Scorer M. Letestu (3)
J. Bracco (10) Leading Points Scorer S. Milano (10)
K. Kaskisuo (5) Wins Leader B. Thiessen (3)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2019
- Iowa Shuts out Chicago 2-0 in Game 3 - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Drop Game 3 - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Drop Game 3 to Marlies by 2-0 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Series Heads to Cleveland for Game Three - Toronto Marlies
- Gulls Carry Road Success to 2-0 Series Lead - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Fall into 0-2 Hole in 4-1 Loss to San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Hudson Elynuik
- Toronto Marlies Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 AHL Season
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include BMO Field and BMO as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Scott Pooley