Monsters Drop Game 3 to Marlies by 2-0 Final Score
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters were defeated on Sunday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse by the Toronto Marlies in Game 3 of the team's best-of-seven North Division Final series by a final score of 2-0. Following the loss, the Monsters now trail the Marlies three games to none with Game 4 of the series on Tuesday in Cleveland at 7:00 p.m.
The Marlies posted the only goal in the first two periods of play at 13:24 of the opening period when Adam Brooks made it 1-0 for Toronto. Despite numerous Monsters scoring chances in the third, Toronto's Dmytro Timashov sealed a 2-0 Marlies victory with an empty-net goal at 19:30 of the final stanza.
Cleveland goaltender Brad Thiessen fell to 3-4 in the postseason despite a 24-save performance while Marlies backstop Kasimir Kaskisuo posted a 35-save shutout to improve to 6-0 in the postseason.
Next up for the Monsters, it's Game 4 of the team's North Division Final series vs. the Marlies on Tuesday with full coverage, live from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, underway at 7:00 p.m. EST on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
For full Playoff information, visit Monsters Playoff Central - www.clevelandmonsters.com/playoffs
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2019
- Iowa Shuts out Chicago 2-0 in Game 3 - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Drop Game 3 - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Drop Game 3 to Marlies by 2-0 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Series Heads to Cleveland for Game Three - Toronto Marlies
- Gulls Carry Road Success to 2-0 Series Lead - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Fall into 0-2 Hole in 4-1 Loss to San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Bryan Moore to One-Year, Two-Way AHL/ECHL Contract for 2019-20 Season
- Columbus Blue Jackets Left Wing Sonny Milano Accepts Club Qualifying Offer
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Changes in Hockey Operations Department
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Columbus Blue Jackets Re-Sign Center Justin Scott to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract