Senators do San Angelo 4 better
In a game that saw its first pitch almost two full hours after the start time, Jackson dictated the pace. Taking a 2-0 lead in the first, the game was a defensive battle throughout. San Angelo failed to muster any offense until the top of the seventh facing a 4-0 deficit, when they finally managed to put a run on the board. Heading into the top of the ninth the Senators maintained the same 4-1 lead over the Colts.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from July 5, 2004
- Senators do San Angelo 4 better - Jackson Senators
- Road Runners shutout Cats - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Roadrunners shutout Cats 3-0 - Fort Worth Cats
- Three Fort Worth Cats selected as CBL All-Stars - Fort Worth Cats
- North Shore's Kelly repeats as pitcher of the week, New Haven County's Hurst nabs batter of the week - Central League
- Colts Rocha named CBL All-Star - San Angelo Colts
- Amarillo's Todd and Fort Worth's Davis named Central League players of the week - Central League
- 2004 Central League All-Stars announced - Central League
- Colts Make a Roster Move - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.