Senators game tonight with Diablos postponed
Jackson, MS; August 1, 2005 - The Jackson Senators of the Central Baseball League (CBL) announced today that due to travel problems with the El Paso Diablos, today's game has been postponed. It will be made up as part of a doubleheader tomorrow, Tuesday, August 2nd, with first pitch scheduled for 6:05 pm and gates opening at 5:00 pm. Both games will be 7-inning contests.
The Wednesday, August 3rd game time with the Diablos has also been changed to 10:35 am for promotional reasons. It will be "Trustmark Bank's Big Splash II" with a fun-filled day of water slides and pro baseball. Bring your youth group or day care out to the game for as little as $2.00 per ticket. Reserve your group seating by calling the Senators office at 601.362.2294.
The Jackson Senators are part of the Central Baseball League, an independent league of eight professional baseball teams located throughout four southern states. The league is playing its twelfth season this summer with teams located in Edinburg, El Paso, Ft. Worth, Robstown, and San Angelo, Texas; Shreveport, Louisiana; Pensacola, Florida; and Jackson, Mississippi. The CBL will play a 94-game schedule between May and August 2005.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from August 1, 2005
- CBL recap - Central League
- Homefield not a factor - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelicans win fifth straight - Pensacola Pelicans
- Rafael Alvarez Rejoins the Pelicans - Pensacola Pelicans
- CBL names players of the month - Central League
- Central Baseball League announces players of the week - Central League
- Senators game tonight with Diablos postponed - Jackson Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.