Homefield not a factor
ROBSTOWN, Texas -The Coastal Bend Aviators continue to slip out of the playoff hunt with their fifth straight home loss.
The Aviators sent their ace pitcher, Jose Luis Lopez, to the mound in game one of a three game series against the Shreveport Sports. Lopez picked up his seventh loss of the season pitching 5.1 innings. He surrendered ten hits and seven runs of which six were earned. Jorge Huerta, Shawn Morgan and James Lira pitched the remaining 3.2 innings, recording five strikeouts, one walk and allowing no runs.
Dusty Dossett had a no hitter going after five innings before Edwin Maldonado broke it up with a single to right-centerfield to lead off the sixth. Maldonado finished 2 for 3 with a solo homerun in the eighth. Meanwhile, the Shreveport lineup featured four players finishing with a pair of hits each.
Starting pitcher J.J. Trujillo will try to turn things around for Coastal Bend tomorrow night.
• Discuss this story on the Central Baseball League message board...
Central Baseball League Stories from August 1, 2005
- CBL recap - Central League
- Homefield not a factor - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Pelicans win fifth straight - Pensacola Pelicans
- Rafael Alvarez Rejoins the Pelicans - Pensacola Pelicans
- CBL names players of the month - Central League
- Central Baseball League announces players of the week - Central League
- Senators game tonight with Diablos postponed - Jackson Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.