Sean Miller Added to CL North All-Star Squad
FREDERICK, MD - The Frederick Keys are excited to announce that infielder, Sean Miller, has been added to the Carolina North Division all-star roster. It marks the first time that Miller has been selected to a midseason all-star team, while he becomes the ninth Keys player and fourth position player to earn a spot on the roster.
Miller, 24, is slashing .270/.297/.387 in 34 games with the Keys this season. He has five RBIs, two triples, nine doubles and seven runs scored. Coming off a terrific May with the orange and black, the Crofton, MD native slashed .288/.323/.424 with a triple, six doubles and four RBIs in 19 games.
The highlight of Miller's May was a 10-game hitting streak from May 19-31, where he batted .395 (15-for-38) with a triple, six doubles and three RBIs. It was tied for the third-longest run by a Keys player in 2019.
Opening the season with the Double-A Bowie Baysox, Miller joined the Keys on May 6. Signed to a minor league contract by the Orioles in December 2018, the Keys infielder spent 2018 with Double-A Chattanooga and Triple-A Rochester in the Twins organization. He was originally picked in the 10th round of the 2015 Draft out of South Carolina-Aiken.
Tuesday's Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick will include pregame ceremonies starting at 7:00 p.m. with first pitch scheduled for 7:15. A Skills Challenge will take place from 5-6 p.m. while Fan Fest presented by Mattress Warehouse, Pediatric Dental Center of Frederick and Smile Frederick Orthodontics is from 3-6. In-game performances by XPOGO and Tyler's Amazing Balancing Act are scheduled, while fireworks presented by Visit Frederick follow the game. Limited tickets to the game are still available by calling 301-815-9939 or by visiting frederickkeys.com.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League's Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at GArnold@FrederickKeys.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Hernandez Lifts Woodies To Extra-Innings Win Over Pelicans - Down East Wood Ducks
- Pelicans Close out First Half with Extra-Inning Loss to Wood Ducks - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Sean Miller Added to CL North All-Star Squad - Frederick Keys
- Rocks Wrap up First Half with Dramatic Win in Extras - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Carolina Closes First Half with 6-2 Home Loss to Winston-Salem - Carolina Mudcats
- Comeback Falls Short as Blue Rocks Win in Extras - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Red Sox Clobber Keys in First Half Finale - Frederick Keys
- Dash Close out First Half with 6-2 Victory over Mudcats - Winston-Salem Dash
- Woodpeckers Lose Series Finale After Nationals' Offense Erupts - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Nine-Run Eighth Leads P-Nats into Break with Win - Potomac Nationals
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: June 16 vs. Down East - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Tyler Payne Added to Carolina League All-Star Roster - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- June 16 - Carolina Mudcats Game Notes - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (June 16 at Carolina) - Winston-Salem Dash
- June 16 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Infielder Colton Shaver Earns Promotion to Double-A - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.