Scheiner Homers in Nuts 11-2 Loss
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA. - Jake Scheiner clubbed his fourth home run in the six-game road trip finale in an 11-2 loss against the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes on Thursday night at LoanMart Field.
Scheiner's home run in the fourth scored the first of two Nuts' (55-68; 25-28) runs. He reached three times in the game. Joe Rizzo added two hits to extend his hitting streak to eight games.
Matthew Willrodt threw well out of the Nuts' bullpen. He stopped the bleeding with three hitless and scoreless innings while striking out two batters.
The Quakes (71-50; 30-23) did their damage early against Steve Moyers (L, 2-3). The Quakes scored two runs in the first inning. Jaren Kendall launched a two-run homer to cap the scoring in that frame. MLB rehabber Chris Taylor smacked a three-run homer in the second inning. Kendell added a RBI single and Miguel Vargas added a RBI double.
Moyers worked four innings allowing nine runs on eleven hits.
The Nuts head home to start a three-game series with the JetHawks. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m. Coverage on ModestoNuts.com will start at 6:50 p.m. Listen live online on your phone, tablet or PC.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Inland Empire Comeback Falls Short at Stockton, Ports Avoid Sweep - Inland Empire 66ers
- Rawhide Defeats San Jose Giants 7-5 to Take Series - Visalia Rawhide
- Quakes Bring out Brooms on Nuts - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Ports Hold on for 8-7 Victory - Stockton Ports
- Scheiner Homers in Nuts 11-2 Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Giants Fall 7-5, Drop Series to Rawhide - San Jose Giants
- Storm Start too Strong for JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.