Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (4-3) fell to the Agua Caliente Clippers (5-0) in Thursday's Hardwood Classics Night at Kaiser Permanente Arena, 115-101.
Golden State Warriors Two-Way Forward Quinndary Weatherspoon led both teams with 30 points and added eight rebounds and three assists. Sea Dubs center LJ Figueora finished with 14 points, 13 rebounds and four assists and forward Kalob Ledoux closed out the night with 11 points.
Forward Keon Johnson led the Clippers with 26 points and notched eight rebounds and guard Jay Scrubb followed with 20 points and four assists. Center Shevon Thompson added 12 points and 14 rebounds off the bench in the Clippers win.
The Clippers took an early lead in the first quarter thanks to 11 points by Johnson and were able to close out the quarter with a 13-point lead, 35-22. Big threes from Warriors guard Ryan Taylor in the second quarter didn't stop Agua Caliente from extending the lead, heading into halftime with a 68-46 lead over the Sea Dubs. The Warriors came back late in the third quarter to bring the lead to within 13 points, bringing the score to 88-75 going into the final frame. A three from Kalob Ledoux early in the fourth quarter sparked the Santa Cruz offense to help close Agua Caliente's lead to just seven points. However, the deficit was too large to overcome and the Warriors ultimately fell to the visiting Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101.
The Warriors will hit the road for a five-game road trip starting on Saturday, February 22 against Oklahoma City Blue at 5:00 p.m. PST. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Sunday - Iowa Wolves
- Maine Celtics Acquire Denzel Valentine - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets Acquire Tyrone Wallace and Terrico White - Long Island Nets
- Skyforce Announces Schedule Changes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Breein Tyree and Damien Jefferson Suspended - G League
- Stockton Kings Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Sail Past Warriors To Stay Undefeated - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Stockton Kings Defeats Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Last Second Shot Forces Herd Loss - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Recognized as 2021-22 NBA G League Franchise of the Year
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 53,310 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County Through Swishes for Dishes Initiative
- Santa Cruz Warriors Season Ends with Loss to South Bay Lakers, 134-123
- Warriors Assign Moses Moody to Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Closes out Regular Season with Overtime Win against Austin, 118-112