Stockton Kings Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series
The Stockton Kings (3-3), of the NBA G League, defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce (2-6), 117-107 at Stockton Arena.
Stockton started the game on a 10-0 run. As a team, the Kings shot .560 percent in the first half, and .409 percent from three-point land. With that stellar shooting, Stockton took its biggest lead of the half of 25 points in the second quarter when they led 63-38. Kings two-way forward Louis King had a double-double in the first with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Stockton two-way center Neemias Queta also had a strong first half with 10 points and five rebounds. Stockton entered the break leading 67-45.
Stockton remained in control in the rest of the second half with all-around great team performance. Stockton's biggest lead of the game was 32 points when they led 97-65 in the third quarter. Sioux Falls finished shooting .506 percent from the field, .216 percent from three and .583 percent from the free-throw line. Brandon Knight led the Skyforce with 20 points and had four rebounds and four assists.
King led all scorers in the game with 28 points, on 11-of-19 shooting from the field, 4-of-10 from 3, along with 14 rebounds, two steals and two assists. Queta and assignment guard Jahmi'us Ramsey each contributed 16 points. Stockton had a lot of scoring help off the bench with Emanuel Terry scoring 10, Devearl Ramsey with 15, and DJ Steward with 10 points. The Kings shot .580 percent from the field, .400 percent from three and .625 percent from the free-throw line in the wire-to-wire victory.
The Stockton Kings will take on the Sioux Falls Skyforce again next at the Stockton Arena on January 23 at 12:00 PM PT. Fans can tune in to the game on NBATV.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Sunday - Iowa Wolves
- Maine Celtics Acquire Denzel Valentine - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets Acquire Tyrone Wallace and Terrico White - Long Island Nets
- Skyforce Announces Schedule Changes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Breein Tyree and Damien Jefferson Suspended - G League
- Stockton Kings Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Sail Past Warriors To Stay Undefeated - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Stockton Kings Defeats Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Last Second Shot Forces Herd Loss - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Receive G League Social Responsibility Award for "Fit Kids" Program in Partnership with Kaiser Permanente
- Stockton Kings Announce "Kings 209 Pantry" in Partnership with Kaiser Permanente and Second Harvest of the Greater Valley
- Stockton Kings Celebrate the Season of Doing Good Throughout the 209
- Stockton Kings Sweep Two-Game Set against Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Take First of Back-To-Back Games against Austin Spurs with 101-96 Victory