Last Second Shot Forces Herd Loss
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, lost to the Lakeland Magic 110-109. After being down the whole game, the Herd took their first lead of the game at the end of the third quarter. The two teams stayed within three points of each other, tying the game twice. With 30 seconds left the Herd was up 109-108. The Magic completed a two-point shot with one second left to win the game 110-109.
Jordan Nwora piloted the Herd with 32 points while Sandro Mamukelashvili added 28 points. Rayjon Tucker led with nine rebounds accompanied with 14 points.
Jeff Dowtin led the Lakeland Magic with 30 points followed by Jaire Grayer with 16.
Terry Larrier made a jump shot to put the Herd up 79-78 in the first minute of the fourth quarter. Sandro Mamukelashvili and Jordan Nwora scored five points each to put the Herd up 89-80. The Magic went on a 12-2 run to tie the game 92-92 with six minutes left. Tremont Waters hit a three to put the Herd back in the lead 95-92. The Magic came back to tie the game again, 100-100 with two and a half minutes left. With 30 seconds left the Herd was in the lead 109-108. The Magic completed a two-point shot with one second left to win 110-109.
The Herd outscored the Magic 9-7 to come within two points, 64-62 in the third quarter. Jalen Lecque made a three to put the Herd down by one with two minutes left. Rayjon Tucker completed a free throw to put the Herd on top 75-74 with one minute remaining in the quarter. The Magic answered with a two to take back the lead at the end of the third quarter 76-75.
Jordan Nwora hit seven points in the first two minutes of the second quarter to bring the Herd within three points, 38-35. The Magic went on a 19-9 run to lead 57-44 with three and a half minutes left in the quarter. The Herd added 10 unanswered points to end the half down by 4, 57-53. Jordan Nwora led the Herd with 20 points.
The Magic went on a 10-0 run to start the first quarter. Jordan Nwora hit the first points for the Herd with nine minutes left in the first quarter. The Herd went on an 8-0 run to come within six points, but the Magic stayed on top till the end of the first quarter, 36-28.
The Wisconsin Herd will play again at Oshkosh Arena on Sunday, January 23rd against the College Park Skyhawks with tip -off set for 2:30 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Sunday - Iowa Wolves
- Maine Celtics Acquire Denzel Valentine - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets Acquire Tyrone Wallace and Terrico White - Long Island Nets
- Skyforce Announces Schedule Changes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Breein Tyree and Damien Jefferson Suspended - G League
- Stockton Kings Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Sail Past Warriors To Stay Undefeated - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Stockton Kings Defeats Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Last Second Shot Forces Herd Loss - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- The Herd Gives Back to the Community
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker