Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Oklahoma City Blue, 84-75
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - The Santa Cruz Warriors (1-2) beat the Oklahoma City Blue (2-1) Friday morning in Oklahoma City, 84-75. Seth Cooper earned his first win as the Santa Cruz Warriors head coach in Friday's victory.
Both teams got off to a slow start with an opening quarter score of 18-17. The Blue then opened the second quarter with a 16-2 burst to build a 13-point lead, 33-20, midway through the second. Santa Cruz found a spark of their own to finish the first half on a 15-2 run and went into halftime with a two-point lead, 37-35.
The third quarter was more balanced with neither team gaining more than a five-point advantage. Santa Cruz then found a 12-point lead midway through the fourth and held on for their first victory of the Showcase Cup.
Warriors forward Axel Toupane led all scorers with 27 points (8-16 FG) and 13 rebounds. Golden State Warriors two-way guard Jeff Dowtin Jr. added 18 points and seven rebounds.
Oklahoma City Thunder assignment center Isaiah Roby had a double-double (14 points and 13 rebounds). Oklahoma City Thunder two-way guard Aaron Wiggins also added a double-double for the Blue (11 points, 10 rebounds).
Santa Cruz is back in action against Oklahoma City on Sunday, November 14 at 9:00 a.m. PST. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 12, 2021
- Raptors Edge Knicks in Slim Three-Point Decision - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Fall to Capital City to Close Opening Week at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Bench Scoring Not Enough in Home Opener - Maine Celtics
- Windy City Suffers Setback against Charge - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Narrowly Loses to Cleveland, Oturu Scores 29 - Windy City Bulls
- Charge Come Back to Defeat Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Stars to Host Warriors in Home Opener on November 17 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Oklahoma City Blue, 84-75 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Announce Partnership with Fairmont Austin - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall James Bouknight and Kai Jones from Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- How Motor City Cruise, Wayne State Partnership Realizes Third Piece of Tom Gores' Vision for Detroit Pistons Move Downtown - Motor City Cruise
- Offensive Surge in the 4th Quarter Leads Herd to First Away Game Win - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. from Swarm and Assign James Bouknight and Kai Jones - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Open the Season with Back-To-Back Wins against Ignite - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Recognized as 2021-22 NBA G League Franchise of the Year
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 53,310 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County Through Swishes for Dishes Initiative
- Santa Cruz Warriors Season Ends with Loss to South Bay Lakers, 134-123
- Warriors Assign Moses Moody to Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Closes out Regular Season with Overtime Win against Austin, 118-112