Offensive Surge in the 4th Quarter Leads Herd to First Away Game Win
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, came out on top over the Motor City Cruise Thursday night 121-116. The win improved the Herd's record to 2-0 for the season and 1-0 on the road.
The Herd was led by Tremont Waters with a top score of 24 while Sam Cunliffe, Terry Larrier and Rayjon Tucker followed with 20 points each. Two Detroit Piston assignment players, Saben Lee and Luka Garza, led the Motor City Cruise with scoring. Lee had the most points with 33 and Garza added 22. Deividas Sirvydis (20 points, 11 rebounds) tallied a double-double for the Cruise.
The Motor City Cruise led the first quarter with 26 points, but the Herd was not far behind at 25 points. The Cruise went on to lead at the half 70-67 and at the third quarter 94-93. The two teams went back-and-forth throughout the game resulting in 18 lead changes.
In the fourth quarter, there was a two-minute stretch with no scoring for either team. Sam Cunliffe ended the scoreless run with a three-point shot to put Wisconsin up 102-99. The Herd outscored the Cruise 19-17 in the last seven minutes to lead to a Wisconsin Herd win.
The Wisconsin Herd will play again on Friday night at 6:00 p.m. CT against the Motor City Cruise at Wayne State Arena. This is will be the second game of the back-to-back series.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 12, 2021
- Raptors Edge Knicks in Slim Three-Point Decision - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Fall to Capital City to Close Opening Week at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Bench Scoring Not Enough in Home Opener - Maine Celtics
- Windy City Suffers Setback against Charge - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Narrowly Loses to Cleveland, Oturu Scores 29 - Windy City Bulls
- Charge Come Back to Defeat Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Stars to Host Warriors in Home Opener on November 17 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Oklahoma City Blue, 84-75 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Announce Partnership with Fairmont Austin - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall James Bouknight and Kai Jones from Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- How Motor City Cruise, Wayne State Partnership Realizes Third Piece of Tom Gores' Vision for Detroit Pistons Move Downtown - Motor City Cruise
- Offensive Surge in the 4th Quarter Leads Herd to First Away Game Win - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. from Swarm and Assign James Bouknight and Kai Jones - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Open the Season with Back-To-Back Wins against Ignite - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker
- Herd Loses Hard-Fought Comeback