Clippers Open the Season with Back-To-Back Wins against Ignite
LAS VEGAS - The Agua Caliente Clippers (2-0) complete the double-header, defeating the G League Ignite (0-3), 101-93, for the second night in a row to open their season.
LA Clippers assignee Serge Ibaka's 10 fourth quarter points propelled Agua Caliente past the Ignite. Ibaka, assigned to the G League earlier in the day, finished the contest with 14 points and a team-high eight rebounds.
Six total Clippers scored in double-figures, led by Brandon Boston Jr.'s 23 points on nine-of-18 shooting from the field, including three triples.
Jay Scrubb and Harry Giles III followed with 17 points apiece.
Ignite were led by Michael Foster Jr.'s 16 points and eight rebounds. He added three steals and two blocks for an all-around statline.
Jaden Hardy matched Foster Jr.'s team-leading 16 points to go along with nine rebounds.
Trailing by five heading into the fourth quarter, the Clippers turned up the heat. With the game tied at 80-apiece with 6:24 remaining, Harry Giles III knocked down a three-pointer to give Agua Caliente the lead for good. Overall, the Clippers shot 75 percent (12-for-16) from the field in the final frame to outscore Ignite 32-19.
Agua Caliente returns to the court on Sunday, November 14th, to take on the Stockton Kings. Tip-off is at 2 pm PT at the Stockton Arena in Stockton, CA and can be streamed on NBAGLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 12, 2021
- Raptors Edge Knicks in Slim Three-Point Decision - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Fall to Capital City to Close Opening Week at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Bench Scoring Not Enough in Home Opener - Maine Celtics
- Windy City Suffers Setback against Charge - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Narrowly Loses to Cleveland, Oturu Scores 29 - Windy City Bulls
- Charge Come Back to Defeat Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Stars to Host Warriors in Home Opener on November 17 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Oklahoma City Blue, 84-75 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Announce Partnership with Fairmont Austin - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall James Bouknight and Kai Jones from Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- How Motor City Cruise, Wayne State Partnership Realizes Third Piece of Tom Gores' Vision for Detroit Pistons Move Downtown - Motor City Cruise
- Offensive Surge in the 4th Quarter Leads Herd to First Away Game Win - Wisconsin Herd
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. from Swarm and Assign James Bouknight and Kai Jones - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Open the Season with Back-To-Back Wins against Ignite - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Clippers Edge Lakers To Win Playoff Opener
- Clippers Take Down Stars
- Clips Clinch Playoff Berth With Win Vs. Austin
- Clippers' Comeback Falls Short vs. Legends, Wright
- Clippers Surge past Santa Cruz behind Huge Second Quarter