Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Returning Player Rights to Chris Taft
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired the rights to forward/center Chris Taft from the Springfield Armor in exchange for the 47th overall selection (third round) in tomorrow's NBA D-League Draft. The pick was originally acquired by the Warriors from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.
Taft, 28, was acquired by the Springfield Armor with the first pick in the fourth round of the 2011 NBA D-League Draft, but never appeared in a game for Springfield. Taft, who was selected 42nd overall in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Golden State Warriors, averaged 2.8 points in 17 games during the 2005-06 season.
The Santa Cruz Warriors now have nine selections in the 2013 NBA D-League Draft, including 15th overall. The team has the third pick in the second round, three in the third round, and then one each in rounds five through eight. The NBA D-League Draft takes place tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Pacific time.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 31, 2013
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Returning Player Rights to Chris Taft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Armor Invite 11 Players to Training Camp - Springfield Armor
- Iowa Energy Acquire Former Iowa State Cyclone Diante Garrett - Iowa Wolves
- 66ers Acquire No. 1 Overall Pick and Ben Uzoh - Tulsa 66ers
- Austin Toros Announce Returning Players and Camp Invitees - Austin Spurs
- Fox Sports' Ephraim Salaam Invited to Legends Training Camp - Texas Legends
- Legends Announce "Love Those Legends" Fan Tour Presented by Smith Thompson Home Security - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Announces Initial 2013-14 Training Camp Invitees - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- BayHawks Start Building Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Individual Game Tickets Available Friday - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- 2013 NBA D-League Draft Features More Than 180 Eligible Players - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund