Santa Cruz Announces Roster Moves
SANTA CRUZ, Calif.-The Santa Cruz Warriors announced today that Elliot Williams has returned from his second 10-day contract with the New Orleans Pelicans, and guard Daniel Nwaelele has been removed from the current roster. Williams will be available for Saturday's game against the Bakersfield Jam, tipping off at 7:00 p.m. PST. The roster now stands at 13, with 10 active players, two on the inactive list and one Golden State Warriors player on assignment.
Nwaelele, (6'5, 205) averaged 11.7 points on 42.1 percent shooting and 5.2 rebounds in over 15 games for the Warriors in the 2013-14 season. During the 2012-13 season, he appeared in 30 games with the Santa Cruz Warriors, averaging 7.4 points and 2.5 rebounds, leading the team in free throw percentage, at 86.8 percent.
Nwaelele averaged 9.8 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 109 games with Air Force and is second overall on Air Force's career list for three-point percentage at 45.1 percent. He spent five years in the Air Force, including two overseas deployments to Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia during his years of service.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 26, 2015
- Spurs Lose a Close One to Vipers - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Announces Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jazz Sign RGV's Chris Johnson to a Multi-Year Deal - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jazz Sign RGV's Chris Johnson to a Multi-Year Deal - G League
- Spurs Assign Kyle Anderson to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Spurs Assign Kyle Anderson to Austin Spurs - G League
- Red Claws Acquire James Tyler - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Reacquire Provost - Erie BayHawks
- Jazz Sign Jack Cooley to a Multi-Year Deal - Idaho Stampede
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to NBA D-League's Idaho Stampede - G League
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Comeback Falls Short at Buzzer - Reno Bighorns
- Vander Leaves Oklahoma City Blue - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Blue Falls in Overtime, 106-105 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Griffin, Powell Lead Legends Past Vipers in OT - Texas Legends
- Vipers Fall in Overtime to Texas Legends 154-150 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 109-94 to the Memphis Hustle Tonight in Southaven
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Wisconsin Herd 107-92 Tonight in Oshkosh
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz Warriors