San Jose Sharks Recall Thomas Greiss, Assign Dimitri Patzold To Worcester
SAN JOSE - San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson announced today that the club has assigned goaltender Dimitri Patzold to Worcester (AHL) and recalled goaltender Thomas Greiss from Worcester.
Patzold, 24, made his NHL debut this season and has appeared in three games, all in relief of Evgeni Nabokov. In 44 minutes of work, he has yet to record a decision and owns a 5.45 goals against average and an .800 save percentage. He was sent to Worcester on a conditioning assignment earlier in the season and posted a 1-1-1 record with a 3.57 goals against average and a .903 save percentage from November 21 thru November 24.
The six-foot, 195-pound native of Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan was selected by San Jose in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft (fourth round, 107th overall).
Greiss, 21, has posted a 12-10-1 record with a .900 save percentage and a 3.03 goals against average for Worcester this season. He spent November 19 - November 26 with San Jose dressing, but not appearing in, one game. He has yet to appear in an NHL game in his career.
The six-foot-one, 200-pound native of Fussen, Germany was selected by San Jose in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft (3rd round, 94th overall).
Worcester starts a three game road swing on Friday with a 7:05 pm rematch against the Bruins at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence. The Sharks then head to Albany on Saturday night before wrapping up the trip with a Wednesday evening affair in Hartford. Lukas Kaspar collector's cards will be given away to the first 3,000 fans when the Sharks return to the DCU Center to take on the Portland Pirates at 7:05p.m. on Friday, January 18th. The Sharks host the Bruins on Saturday, January 19th, with the first 3,000 fans receiving a Joe Thornton Bobblehead Doll.
For more information on these and other promotions, or to purchase tickets, call the Sharks offices at 508-929-0500 or check out the new www.sharksahl.com.
All games can be heard live on 580 WTAG, as well as online through B2 Networks, by following the link on the Sharks website at www.sharksahl.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2008
- Aeros to host Inaugural Hockey Day in Houston on January 20 - Houston Aeros
- Nolan Returns To River Rats From NHL - Albany River Rats
- Rampage Help Deliver New Home For New Year - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Assign Players to Idaho - Iowa Chops
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Buffalo Calls For Kaleta, Lojek Heads To Florida - Rochester Americans
- Kitchen Cooked Potato Chips Presents Jackson from Hannah Montana - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons Weekly Update - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals to Give Away a Pair of Hannah Montana Tickets - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Name Radio Show - Iowa Chops
- Plekhanov Recalled, Redlihs Released - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Choose Jerseys For The Fans - Chicago Wolves
- Samsonov Claimed Off Waivers By Carolina - Rockford IceHogs
- Montreal Assigns Carey Price And Kyle Chipchura To Hamilton; Jaroslav Halak And Corey Locke Recalled - Hamilton Bulldogs
- San Jose Sharks Recall Thomas Greiss, Assign Dimitri Patzold To Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Stars Team Up With Tana Goertz For Apprentice Hockey League - Iowa Chops
- Rivermen Recall Keith, Return Soares - Peoria Rivermen
- Franck Released From PTO - Providence Bruins
- Reebok-CCM named title sponsor of 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Canucks Recall McIver - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Home For Three Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.