Rushette Named Miss Rapid City
(Rapid City, SD)-Each year, the Black Hills community plays host to the Miss Rapid City Pageant and invites young female role models to compete. This localized Miss America competition was held on Saturday, March 13th in the auditorium of Dakota Middle School in downtown Rapid City. This year's winner was Brittany Grimsrud, a graduate of St. Thomas More High School, a student at Black Hills State University, and a member of the Rushettes dance team for the Rapid City Rush Professional Hockey organization.
As a contestant for the crown, Grimsrud was judged in talent, fitness, private interview, evening wear, and on stage questions. Once announced the winner of the competition, she received the title of Miss Rapid City, and the chance to compete at the state level the third weekend in June in Hot Springs where she will have the opportunity to win the state title and a berth in the annual Miss America pageant. In addition to Miss Rapid City, Grimsrud was awarded scholarship assistance and special recognitions amongst her local competitors including Miss Congeniality, Top Interview, and Top Talent. In conjunction with her dance experience as a Rushette, Grimsrud's talent presentation was a self-choreographed dance routine to "Evacuate the Dance Floor" by Cascada.
Miss Rapid City competitors are required to choose a platform to serve as the foundation of their contending. Inspired by the recent passing of her father, Grimsrud chose "Dancing Away Depression" as her platform to advocate the physical, psychological, and emotional benefits of dance. Through personal account, Grimsrud hopes to demonstrate dance as a cathartic coping mechanism for grief and is primarily directed towards young adults ages 15 - 17. If your organization would be interested in booking an appearance with Grimsrud, please contact Darcy Zandstra at the Rapid City Rush office at 605.716.PUCK (7825) or email email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2010
- 'Bugs Win Game 3, Lead Series 3-0 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Allen Takes 2-1 Series Lead In 4-1 Victory Over Bucks - Allen Americans
- Bucks Fall 4-1, Trail Series 2-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs Take 3-0 Series Lead With 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Dumont Among Year End Performance Nominees - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bourbeau Returns to Jacks from AHL - Odessa Jackalopes
- CHL Performance of the Year Finalists Announced - CHL
- Record Six Power-Play Goals, One Shorthanded Tally Voted CHL Performance of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- Rushette Named Miss Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Jackalopes Raise Over $8,000 for Shriners' Hospitals - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.