Rush Take Victory over Cutthroats
Rapid City - The Denver Cutthroats took to the road to face off with the Rapid City Rush on Friday, February 28 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. During the team's final visit to Rapid City in the 2013-14 regular season, the Cutthroats fell to the Rush 5-3.
J.P Chabot (Garett Bembridge, Troy Schwab) scored the lone goal of the first period on a 4-on-3 power play to give the Cutthroats a 1-0 lead heading into the second frame.
A.J. Gale (Schwab, Steve Kaunisto) scored Denver's second power play goal of the game to extend the Cutthroats lead 2-0. Jesse Schultz (Kevin Harvey, Justin Sawyer) scored the first goal of the night for the Rush to put the score at 2-1 Cutthroats. Just over a minute later, Rapid City's Anthony Perdicaro (Konrad Reeder, Winston Day Chief) tied the game at two with a shot past Denver's goaltender Travis Bosch.
Jared Brown (Bobby Preece, Schultz) gave the Rush the lead for the first time in the game after going top shelf on Bosch early in the third period. Less than thirty seconds later, Scott Brannon scored unassisted to give the Rush a 4-2 lead over the Cutthroats. Garett Bembridge (Schwab, Kaunisto) scored the third and final power play goal of the night for Denver to pull them within one of Rapid City. As the Cutthroats attempted to tie the score in the final minutes, Konrad Reeder (Day Chief, Riley Weselowski) scored on an empty net to seal the victory 5-3 Rush.
The Denver Cutthroats return home to host the Rapid City Rush for a two-game weekend series on Saturday, March 1 and Sunday, March 2 at the Denver Coliseum. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2014
- Thunder Can't Hold Early Lead in 4-3 Loss to Mavs - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Silence Thunder in Final Rival Matchup - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Outlasts Mallards 6-5 - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks' Sunday, March 2nd Game Rescheduled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fast Start; Chilly Finish in 4-2 Loss - St. Charles Chill
- Four Unanswered Goals Help Oilers Surge Past Chill - Tulsa Oilers
- Sunday Road Game vs. Missouri Mavericks Postponed - St. Charles Chill
- Mallards, John Deere Team for Youth Street Hockey Clinics - Quad City Mallards
- Rush Score Four Unanswered Goals, Defeat Denver 5-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Offense Held in Check in 3-0 Loss to Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Americans' Big 3rd Leads to 6-3 Win - Allen Americans
- Rush Take Victory over Cutthroats - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster