Rockets Main Camp: Day Four
As camp moves along, and the team begins to take shape, the players remaining took part in a morning scrimmage beginning at 9:45am. After the scrimmage the players were given the afternoon off.
The Rockets begin play on Friday when they host the Victoria Royals for the first game of the 2018 preseason, Assistant Coach Kris Mallette says at this stage, he and the Rockets coaching staff try to focus more on preparing their team for action, rather than thinking about how Victoria will prepare.
"We don't put too much emphasis on what we think our opponents will do during preseason. Instead we focus on how we'd like our team to play," said Mallette. "Throughout main camp the coaches have been communicating with all of our returning players regarding our expectations for them individually, and during practice about what our team identity will look like. We will use the practices with smaller numbers to implement our systems as well as preseason games to evaluate both veteran and rookie players over the next two weeks."
The Rockets will continue main camp and preparing for their Friday bout with the Royals on Wednesday morning for a 9:45am scrimmage.
Main Camp runs from August 24th - August 30th, with Rockets preseason beginning on August 31st as they host their divisional rivals, the Victoria Royals at Prospera Place. Puck drop is at 7:05pm.
Tickets are on sale now at selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office or by phone at 250-762-5050.
For full preseason schedule, click here: http://kelownarockets.com/schedule/265/204
Season tickets are on sale now. Reserve yours and help the Rockets win the bid to host the 2020 Memorial Cup. Rockets Season Ticket holders have the rights to their seats for the 2020 Memorial Cup should Kelowna win the bid. Contact us by email - Gavin Hamilton - [email protected] or Andrew Deans - [email protected], or by phone at 250-860-7825 and don't be left in the parking lot.
Images from this story
Kelowna Rockets Main Camp: Day Four
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 28, 2018
- Green Downs White in Intra-Squad Game; Raiders Trim Roster - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rockets Main Camp: Day Four - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Training Camp Has Been All Up-Tempo, All the Time - Red Deer Rebels
- 2018 Training Camp Presented by Wildstone Golf Course: Day Five Results - Kootenay Ice
- Silvertips Sign First Selection from 2018 WHL Draft Class, Defenseman Olen Zellweger - Everett Silvertips
- Royals Announce 2018-19 Ticket On-Sale Dates - Victoria Royals
- Rebels Prospect Medernach Projects as Strong Two-Way WHL Performer - Red Deer Rebels
- Team White 6, Team Black 3 in Annual Hitmen Intrasquad Game - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Withdraw Memorial Cup Bid - Victoria Royals
- T-Birds Sign Thomas Milic - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Winterhawks Name Nick Marek New Play-by-Play Broadcaster - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Trim Roster to 35 - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Roster Reduced to 31 - Regina Pats
- Hurricanes Sign Trio of Players - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Sign Forward Erik Atchison to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Cougars Sign Tyler Brennan - Prince George Cougars
- Royals Sign Keegan Maddocks - Victoria Royals
- Blades Sign Swedish D-Man Emil Malysjev - Saskatoon Blades
- Canad Inns Named Host Hotel - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.