Rockets hand Blazers loss
The Kelowna Rockets posted their 5th win in 5 tries against the Blazers this season in picking up a 5-2 win at Interior Savings Centre on Saturday night. The Rockets took a 3-1 lead in the first period on goals from Mickael Backlund, Ian Duval, and Brandon McMillan with Curtis Kulchar answering for the Blazers. Scott Wasden scored a 5-on-3 powerplay goal to cut the lead to 3-2 early in the second but Duval scored his second goal of the night for a 4-2 Kelowna lead after two with Colin Long putting the game away with a third-period powerplay goal. Final shots were 30-26 Rockets with Mark Guggenberger picking up the win while Justin Leclerc saw his personal 5-game win streak come to an end.. The Rockets were 3-for-3 on the powerplay while the Blazers were 1-for-8.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2009
- Rockets hand Blazers loss - Oklahoma City Blazers
- IceRays complete perfect week with 4-2 win - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Colorado Hands Arizona Sixth-Straight Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles, Penner Extend Winning Streaks - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas' third period rally beats Amarillo 4-3 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Scorpions Drop Game in Front of Season's Largest Crowd - New Mexico Scorpions
- Killer Bees a Buzz Kill vs. Bugs - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Beat Bucks, 3-Way Tie For Division Lead - Mississippi RiverKings
- 4-on-4 play hinders Gorillas in 4-3 loss to Brahmas - Amarillo Gorillas
- Odessa Wins Fourth Straight, 6-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Slow Start Dooms Bucks In 5-3 Loss - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Dominates Rivals - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.