Odessa Wins Fourth Straight, 6-1
(Odessa, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes exploded for five second period goals en route to a 6-1 win over the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday night at the Ector County Coliseum. It was the fourth consecutive win for Odessa.
In the second period Brian Swiniarski tied the game at 1-1 with a wrist shot from the top of the right circle at 4:49. Mike Lesperance then pulled the Jackalopes ahead for good with a goal at 10:56 to give Odessa a 2-1 lead. Jeff Pierce, Kenny Bernard, and Dominic Leveille also added goals in the second period. It was a 5-1 Jacks lead entering the third.
Sebastien Thinel added his 27th goal this season in the third period to make the final score 6-1.
Tulsa's Lucas LaBelle opened up the scoring with the only goal of the first period at 6:31.
The Jackalopes will host the Corpus Christi IceRays on Tuesday at 7:05 PM. The game time has been changed from it's original 11:00 AM start time.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2009
- Rockets hand Blazers loss - Oklahoma City Blazers
- IceRays complete perfect week with 4-2 win - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Colorado Hands Arizona Sixth-Straight Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles, Penner Extend Winning Streaks - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas' third period rally beats Amarillo 4-3 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Scorpions Drop Game in Front of Season's Largest Crowd - New Mexico Scorpions
- Killer Bees a Buzz Kill vs. Bugs - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Beat Bucks, 3-Way Tie For Division Lead - Mississippi RiverKings
- 4-on-4 play hinders Gorillas in 4-3 loss to Brahmas - Amarillo Gorillas
- Odessa Wins Fourth Straight, 6-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Slow Start Dooms Bucks In 5-3 Loss - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Dominates Rivals - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.