Rockers Open Series against Revolution with 5-3 Victory
High Point, NC - Friday's game against the York Revolution was anything but easy for the High Point Rockers. The night started with two home runs in three innings for York's Welington Dotel, and concluded with Myles Schroder bringing in the final run for the Rockers off a Hector Gomez single.
Welington Dotel started the night off red-hot, hitting two home runs in just three pitches. With the Rockers down, Viosergy Rosa would hit his eleventh home run of the season, bringing the Rockers within one run.
With bases loaded in the bottom of the third inning, Quincy Latimore would be walked, bringing in Stephen Cardullo for the tying run. Richie Shaffer would ground out to Isaias Tejeda, bringing in Jared Mitchell to give the Rockers a 3-2 lead.
In the bottom of the fourth inning, Jared Mitchell would hit a double to bring in Myles Schroder for the fourth run of the night for the Rockers. In the bottom of the fifth inning, Schroder would come in to score off a Hector Gomez single.
Despite an effort by Carlos Franco's double, the Revolution were only able to score one more run to make the score 5-3. Joe Van Meter would be credited with the win, extending his record to 7-4 while Ryan Kelly would pick up his ninth save. Josh Smoker would be handed his first loss.
The High Point Rockers will be back home tomorrow night at 6:30PM for Pack The Point Pink Night presented by Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Center. The Rockers will be wearing a special pink jersey which will be auctioned off at the game. For tickets, call 336-888-1000 or visit www.highpointrockers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from August 24, 2019
- Long Island Puts on an Offensive Showcase - Long Island Ducks
- 'Stormers Drop 4-3 Decision - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Crabs Continue Playoff Push in 5-1 Win - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Early Blue Crab Lead Downs Patriots 5-1 - Somerset Patriots
- Dotel Goes Yard Twice But Revs Come up Short in High Point - York Revolution
- Rockers Open Series against Revolution with 5-3 Victory - High Point Rockers
- Bees Return Home And Hang On Late For Triumph Over Ducks - New Britain Bees
- 'Stormers Drub Sugar Land, 8-2 - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.