Rock Select Four in NLL Draft
Toronto, ON - The 2014 NLL Draft saw the Rock sit quiet for most of the night as they did not select until the fourth round of the annual player selection process. When all was said and done, Toronto selected four players that will compete for a roster spot when training camp begins.
With their first pick of the evening, the Rock selected Brandon Benn in the 4th round, 33rd overall. Benn played his Junior A lacrosse with the Orangeville Northmen and won a Minto Cup Canadian Junior A championship in 2012. The Orangeville, ON native played collegiately at Johns Hopkins and this past summer played for the Brampton Excelsiors of Ontario's Major Series Lacrosse.
Benn is a dynamic offensive righty who scored 35 goals and 59 points in 18 games in his final season of Junior A in 2013.
In the 5th round, Toronto chose Jordan Robertson from the Whitby Junior A Warriors with the 43rd overall pick. Robertson was acquired midway through the 2014 Ontario Junior A season by Whitby as he had played his entire Junior A career for his hometown Toronto Junior A Beaches prior to the deal.
Robertson was a consistent goal scorer throughout his Junior A career scoring at least 24 goals in each of his five seasons.
The first of the Rock's two 6th round picks was used to grab offensive righty Brady Heseltine, 51st overall. Heseltine has played for both the Brampton Junior A Excelsiors and the MSL Excelsiors. His 2014 summer in MSL saw him score 22 points in 12 games.
With the very next pick, Toronto selected defender Darryl Robertson from Whitby Junior A, 52nd overall. The 20-year old still has a year of Junior A lacrosse eligibility remaining.
The Toronto Rock will not hold a rookie and free agent camp this fall. Toronto's main training camp will begin on Saturday, November 29th at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre. The team will play three exhibition games with details to be announced in the coming weeks.
2015 Toronto Rock Season Tickets are now on sale. For more information, please visit www.torontorock.com or phone 416-596-3075 to speak with a ticket representative and get your hands on the BEST ticket in town.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 22, 2014
- Roughnecks Select Four Players in 2014 NLL Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks Add Four from Six Nations in NLL Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Bandits Draft Five Players, Acquire Weiss at 2014 NLL Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Mammoth Bolsters Roster in Draft with Two First-Rounders - Colorado Mammoth
- Black Wolves Make 10 Selections in 2014 NLL Entry Draft - New England Black Wolves
- Minnesota Swarm Select Miles Thompson with Third Overall Pick - Minnesota Swarm
- 2014 NLL Draft Results Announced - NLL
- Rock Select Four in NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Edmonton Rush 2014 NLL Draft Recap - Edmonton Rush
- Knighthawks Bring Back Jordan Hall - Rochester Knighthawks
- A Noble Becomes a Knighthawk - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rush Select Ben McIntosh First Overall - Edmonton Rush
- League Expands Playoff Format - NLL
- Minnesota Swarm Ready for 2014 NLL Draft Tonight - Minnesota Swarm
- Minnesota Swarm's Jordan Macintosh and Logan Schuss Win NLL Player Awards - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Pull off Blockbuster Trade - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.