A Noble Becomes a Knighthawk
The Rochester Knighthawks selected Jeremy Noble with the second overall pick in today's 2014 National Lacrosse League Entry Draft. The three-time Minto Cup champion joins the three-time defending NLL Champions.
"I am pretty excited. I dreamed about this ever since I was a little kid," said Noble. "To be selected by Rochester is a humbling experience. I am looking forward to the next chapter of my lacrosse career."
The former University of Denver star recently won the Steinfeld Cup with the Denver Outlaws and a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2014 FIL World Lacrosse Championships. The Orangeville, Ontario was a three-time All-American in his four-year career at DU. During his career with the Pioneers, Noble amassed 67 goals and 80 assists for 147 points. He currently ranks ninth in all-time career points and second in all-time career assists.
Noble was also a star at the junior level, while playing for the hometown Orangeville Northmen from 2008-12. In 79 games, he scored 139 goals and added 182 assists for 321 points. He also appeared in 87 postseason contests, registering 112 goals and 190 assists for 302 points. Noble has a winning pedigree, winning Minto Cups with Orangeville in 2008, 2009 and 2012. In 2010, he finished seventh in scoring in the OLA en route to Second Team All-Star honors and the Dean McLeod Award as the Most Outstanding Player during the Junior "A" Playoffs. That season, he recorded a career-best 87 points (21+66) in 22 games. In the playoffs, Noble scored 23 goals and chipped in 43 assists in 18 games.
In 2012, Noble was named a First Team All-Star, the co-winner of the Dennis McIntosh Memorial Award as the Junior "A" MVP, and the winner of the Jim Veltman Award as the Most Outstanding Player in the OLA Junior "A" series. In his final season of junior lacrosse, he put up 62 points (32+30) in just nine games, and posted 36 goals and 43 assists in 17 playoff games. This summer at the Senior "A" level, he played in six games for the Oakville Rock and collected six goals and 12 assists.
The Knighthawks will open their 21st season on Saturday, January 3rd against the rival Toronto Rock at The Blue Cross Arena. Prior to the 7:30 p.m. game, the Knighthawks will celebrate their historic third straight NLL Championship by raising their 2014 Championship Banner. To experience the excitement of Knighthawks lacrosse, call (585) 454-4295 (HAWK) or go online to www.knighthawks.com to purchase your season tickets today.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 22, 2014
- Roughnecks Select Four Players in 2014 NLL Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks Add Four from Six Nations in NLL Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Bandits Draft Five Players, Acquire Weiss at 2014 NLL Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Mammoth Bolsters Roster in Draft with Two First-Rounders - Colorado Mammoth
- Black Wolves Make 10 Selections in 2014 NLL Entry Draft - New England Black Wolves
- Minnesota Swarm Select Miles Thompson with Third Overall Pick - Minnesota Swarm
- 2014 NLL Draft Results Announced - NLL
- Rock Select Four in NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Edmonton Rush 2014 NLL Draft Recap - Edmonton Rush
- Knighthawks Bring Back Jordan Hall - Rochester Knighthawks
- A Noble Becomes a Knighthawk - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rush Select Ben McIntosh First Overall - Edmonton Rush
- League Expands Playoff Format - NLL
- Minnesota Swarm Ready for 2014 NLL Draft Tonight - Minnesota Swarm
- Minnesota Swarm's Jordan Macintosh and Logan Schuss Win NLL Player Awards - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Pull off Blockbuster Trade - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- Knighthawks Unveil Plans for Jr. Knighthawks Program
- Dan Carey Named to Team Canada Staff for Men's U19 Lacrosse World Championship
- NLL 2019 Expansion Draft Set
- Knighthawks Unveil Logo, Team Operations Staff for Inaugural National Lacrosse League Season
- Knighthawks Driving for Five to End the Season