Robinson Named CCM ECHL Goalie of the Week
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Oct. 20, 2015) -- The ECHL announced Tuesday afternoon that net minder, Josh Robinson, has been named goaltender of the week after his standout performance in Anchorage, AK opening weekend.
Josh Robinson, Missouri Mavericks 2015-16
PRINCETON, N.J. - Josh Robinson of the Missouri Mavericks is the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Oct. 16-18. It is the third time in his career that he has won the weekly honor.
The 25-year-old was 2-0-0 with one shutout, a goals-against average of 0.50 and a save percentage of .981 last week, helping the Mavericks take two of three games in an opening-weekend series at Alaska.
Robinson stopped all 25 shots he faced in a 3-0 win on"Saturday and followed that up with 28 saves in a 3-1 victory on Sunday.
A native of Frankenmuth, Mich., Robinson is third in the ECHL"in both goals-against average and save percentage through one weekend.
Robinson has appeared in 82 career ECHL games with Missouri and Idaho posting an overall record of 48-25-5 with six shutouts, a 2.59 goals-against average and a save percentage of .920. He also has seen action in 15 career games with Texas of the American"Hockey League.
Prior to turning pro, Robinson played four seasons at Michigan Tech University. As a senior, he won 15 games, which were the most wins in a season for a Michigan Tech goaltender since 1992-93.
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Single-game tickets, Mini Pack Plans and Group Tickets are on sale now! Visit TicketMaster.com or call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Goaltender Josh Robinson
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2015
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- Florida Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Mallards Make Moves - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Add Defenseman Donnie Harris to Mix - Wichita Thunder
- Home Opener Friday Kick Starts Three-Game Weekend for Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Named CCM ECHL Goalie of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Missouri's Robinson Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Utah's Almeida Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Barry Almeida Named ECHL Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- "Back to the Future Night" Saturday at the Ford Center - Evansville IceMen
- Royals Sign Forward Adam Berkle - Reading Royals
- Vigier Returns to South Carolina as Stingrays Deal with Toledo - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita