Robert Earns CL Player of the Week Honors
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Dash outfielder Luis Robert was named the Carolina League's Player of the Week for April 4-14, the league office announced on Monday. This is the first round of CL Player of the Week awards in the 2019 season.
Through his nine games played to start the season, Robert sits atop the Carolina League in average (.475), on-base percentage (.512), slugging percentage (1.025), on-base plus slugging (1.537), hits (19), home runs (5), runs (13), triples (2), RBIs (15) and total bases (41).
Robert, who is ranked the fourth-best prospect in the White Sox system and 38th-best overall per MLB Pipeline, has recorded multiple hits in eight of the nine games he has played this season. The Cuba native's dominant stretch began on Opening Day against the Frederick Keys when he homered in his first two at-bats of the season. In Winston-Salem's home opener last Thursday against Potomac, Robert's two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning led the Dash to an 8-6 victory.
Two days later, Robert went 3-for-5 with a triple and double in helping Winston-Salem earn a 4-0 win over Potomac.
This is the first career Player of the Week honor for Robert. Prior to the regular season, Robert posted an .813 slugging percentage in big league Spring Training after earning his second straight non-roster invite.
The Dash open a three-game set on Monday night against the Wilmington Blue Rocks. Monday's game will be a Free Food Night, presented by the Carolina Thunderbirds, with unlimited hot dogs and french fries available for free until 8:30 p.m. The series opener will also be Hockey Night presented by the Carolina Thunderbirds. Tuesday will be a Taco Tuesday, with $2 tacos available at the concession stand behind home plate. Wednesday's game will be a Winston Wednesday, with $10 presale tickets available and the Dash sporting retro Warthogs jerseys. For tickets and more information, call the Dash at (336) 714-2287 or visit wsdash.com.
The Winston-Salem Dash are the Class A-Advanced minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call (336) 714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Amaya, Mitchell Homer in Loss to Keys - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Keys Power Their Way to Victory - Frederick Keys
- Rocks Let Four-Run Lead Slip Away - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Lynchburg Loses Early Lead, Drops Third Straight - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Canning Homers in Debut as P-Nats Batter Hillcats - Potomac Nationals
- Bahrâ??s Strong Start Leads Woodies Past Red Sox - Down East Wood Ducks
- April 15 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- April 15 Transactions & Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (April 15 vs. Wilmington) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: April 15 vs. Frederick - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Thunderbirds Players to be in Attendance at Monday's Dash Game - Winston-Salem Dash
- Robert Earns CL Player of the Week Honors - Winston-Salem Dash
- Morgan Earns Carolina League Pitcher of the Week Honor - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.