Road Warriors Sign Two; McArdle Assigned to Rockford
Greenville, SC: Today the Road Warriors announced they have signed forwards Chad Ziegler and Corey Schneider. In a separate transaction, Kenndal McArdle has been assigned to the Rockford IceHogs.
Ziegler, 23, began the season with Greenville as he attending training camp and one pre-season game recording one assist. After his release he joined the Augusta RiverHawks in the Southern Professional League. He has scored eight goals and added ten assists in 30 games played with the RiverHawks. The Sprice Grove, Alberta native attended Yale University from 2008-2012 and played all four years with 114 games played with the Bulldogs.
Schneider, 24, played three games with the Cincinnati Cyclones this year. The Rochester, New York native played 112 games with Ohio State University from 2008-2012. During that span he scored ten goals and added 12 assists.
McArdle, 26, scored seven goals and added 15 assists in 31 games played this year with the Road Warriors. He played nine games last season in the NHL with the Winnipeg Jets. The Toronto, Ontario native also played 54 games in the AHL between the St. John's IceCaps and the Portland Pirates. During this time he scored 10 goals and recorded eight assists. McArdle was drafted in 2005 by the Florida Panthers in the first round, 20th overall.
Greenville hosts Gwinnett next Thursday night at 7 p.m. Throwback Thursday returns and features $2 beers, hot dogs, pretzels and fountain drinks presented by 93.3 The Planet. Students who present their Student ID at the Box Office receive $5 tickets in the Value Green section. THURSDAY IS ALSO BUY ONE GET ONE FREE TICKET TO ANY SECTION WHEN YOU SHOW YOUR BI-LO BONUSCARD AT THE BOX OFFICE STARTING TWO HOURS BEFORE THE GAME. Greenville returns home on Saturday for another game against Gwinnett at 7 p.m. The first 1,500 fans receive a Road Warriors Car Flag presented 92.5 WESC and Fox Carolina! Tickets start at $9 and are available at the BI-LO Center Box Office or online at ticketmaster.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 16, 2013
- K-Wings Lose Despite Record-Breaking Performance By Martin - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Dine On Wings - Elmira Jackals
- San Antonio Recalls McFarland and O'Hanley - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Goes Mobile with Season Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Sgroi, Kuqali - Orlando Solar Bears
- Keven Veilleux Issues Apology - Wheeling Nailers
- Eagles Sign Rookie Forward Matt Strueby - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers Add Laughlin to Roster - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 16 - ECHL
- Statement from the South Carolina Stingrays on Incident in Wheeling - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- 2013 ECHL All-Star Game to be Broadcast on 107.9 the Bear - Colorado Eagles
- Martin Heads to Texas; Woodley Signs with Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Tousignant Reassigned to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- REVISED: McArdle Assigned to Rockford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Road Warriors Sign Two; McArdle Assigned to Rockford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Announce Transactions for Morning Game in Trenton - Reading Royals
- Forward Matt Beca Recalled to Charlotte - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 16 - ECHL
- Titans GameDay vs. Reading - January 16 (Game 37, Home 19) - Trenton Titans
- Condors Winning Streak Ends against Ontario, 5-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign's Win Streak over Condors Soars to 14 with 5-3 Win - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.