Riverhounds Issue Statement on USL Decision to Replay End of Miami FC Match
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC is pleased to hear today's decision by the USL Championship to order a replay of the final 24 minutes of our team's match Oct. 16 against Miami FC.
As a club, the Riverhounds fully agree with the league's decision. Based on past precedent set by FIFA and its member federations when there has been a clear misapplication of the Laws of the Game, we believe a replay is the fairest outcome for both our team and Miami FC, and it will allow the result to be settled by the players on the field.
We wish to thank the USL Championship and the Professional Referees Organization for their diligence under these unusual circumstances.
The Riverhounds are eager to move forward and complete their remaining three regular-season matches, beginning with tomorrow's scheduled match at 7 p.m. against the Charleston Battery, as we prepare to compete in next month's USL Championship Playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 22, 2021
- Real Monarchs Draw 1-1 with Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Switchbacks FC Score Stoppage Time Goal to Equalize in Utah - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Charlotte Independence Sweep Hartford in Come from Behind Win - Charlotte Independence
- Second Half Goals Down Hartford in Loss to Charlotte - Hartford Athletic
- Memphis 901 FC Face Final Road Test of Regular Season - Memphis 901 FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Charleston Battery - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- RGV FC Looks to Earn a Playoff Spot as they Take on New Mexico United - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Riverhounds Issue Statement on USL Decision to Replay End of Miami FC Match - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- The Miami FC vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds Match to be Replayed on October 27, Starting from 67th Minute - USL
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. Austin Bold FC - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs Sporting KC II - Sunday, October 24 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Preview: FC Tulsa at Indy Eleven, Saturday, October 23, 6 p.m. CT - FC Tulsa
- Rowdies Trusting Depth in Final Stretch - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Don't Miss Our Regular Season Finale On Saturday, October 30th - Oakland Roots
- New Study Ranks Louisville Among America's Top Soccer Cities - Louisville City FC
- Rising's Oktoberfest Match Tomorrow vs. Sacramento - Phoenix Rising FC
- What to Watch for with LouCity vs. Memphis 901 FC - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- RDA Weekend Recap - November 19-21
- Kenardo Forbes Named to USL Championship All-League Second Team
- Riverhounds, Highmark & AHN Hosting Turkey Distribution Monday with Pgh. Food Bank
- Year in Review: Looking Back at the Hounds' Best of 2021
- RDA Weekend Recap - November 12-14