Riders Drop Series Finale in Springdale
SPRINGDALE, Ark. - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, dropped Sunday's series finale 13-2 against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals Sunday at Arvest Ballpark.
* Luis Mendez registered an RBI single in the second and Michael O'Neill cranked a solo homer in the sixth to account for the two Riders runs.
* Northwest Arkansas scored in five of its first six turns at-bat, including a five-run sixth, to finish the three-game sweep.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-4, HR, RBI
* Luis Mendez: 1-for-4, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Six of O'Neill's 11 home runs this year have come against Northwest Arkansas. He's accomplished the feat in just eight games against the Naturals.
Riders vs. Arkansas, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Wes Benjamin (3-4, 4.28) vs. RHP Ashton Goudeau (1-3, 4.37)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Season Ticket Holders: Join us Tuesday, Wednesday for discussion on 2019 ticket improvements - Springfield Cardinals
- Dunshee, 'Hounds Deny Travs Sweep in Shutout - Arkansas Travelers
- Hooks Top Cards with 6-1 Win in Sunday Finale - Springfield Cardinals
- Riders Drop Series Finale in Springdale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Northwest Arkansas Pounds Frisco; Completes Sweep - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Hooks Cruise for Series Win - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions-Drillers Series Finale Postponed Due to Unplayable Conditions - San Antonio Missions
- Hooks Even the Series on Saturday, 5-2 - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.