RGV Vipers Acquire Travis Bader
MCALLEN, Texas, January 30, 2015 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers general manager Gianluca Pascucci today announced that the team has acquired guard Travis Bader.
Bader (6-5, 190, Oakland) most recently played for ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne, where he averaged 3.48 ppg in 25 games. During the summer of 2014, he played for the Philadelphia 76ers (9.4 ppg) at the Orlando Summer League and the Golden State Warriors (2.33 ppg) at the Las Vegas Summer League.
Bader played for the Oakland Golden Grizzlies from 2009-14. He redshirted his freshman season and went on to average 17.2 ppg over four seasons. Bader shot 504-for-1,246 to make him the NCAA leader in 3-point field goals made and attempted. During his senior season, he ranked second in the country with a school record 94.3 free-throw percentage (164-for-174). He also garnered several awards during his career at Oakland including: Horizon All-League First Team (2014), First Team All-Summit (2013), Honorable Mention All-Summit (2012) and Summit League All-Newcomer Team (2011).
A native of Okemos, Mich., Bader played at Okemos High School. He was named Lansing State Journal Player of the Year, team MVP and CAAC Blue Player of the Year as a senior.
The Vipers host the Texas Legends tonight at State Farm Arena. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. (CT). Tomorrow, RGV is on the road to face Texas again at The Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco, Texas at 7 p.m. (CT). Vipers fans can follow the action live all season on FOX Sports 1700 AM or watch games live at NBADLeague.com. For more information about the RGV Vipers 2014-15 season or to purchase season tickets, contact the Vipers at 956-972-1144.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 30, 2015
- Kelly Pushes D-Fenders Past Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Jam Fall to D-Fenders in Los Angeles - Bakersfield Jam
- Bighorns Fall at Last Second to Santa Cruz Warriors - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Claim Down to the Wire Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Come up Short in the Valley - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Slide Past Idaho Stampede, 118-112 - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Punish Texas Legends 133-126 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stampede Cannot Complete Comeback - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce Brings the Heat in Westchester, Wins 109-99 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Skyforce Brings the Heat in Westchester, Wins 109-99 - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Fall to Atlantic-Best Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Another Tirple-Double for Tim Frazier, Red Claws Snap 3-Game Skid - Maine Red Claws
- Ryan Kelly Assigned to the NBA D-League's LA D-Fenders - G League
- Ryan Kelly Assigned to the D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Pacers Recall Whittington - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- RGV Vipers Acquire Travis Bader - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Kings Sign Quincy Miller to a Second 10-Day Contract - Reno Bighorns
- New York Knicks Assign Early to Westchester Knicks - G League
- New York Knicks Assign Early to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Grand Rapids Drive Acquire Malcolm Lee - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Falls to BayHawks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Announce Joseph Blair as Head Coach
- RGV Vipers Advance to Western Conference Semifinals
- RGV Vipers Will Host Texas Legends on Friday, March 30 in NBA G League Playoffs
- RGV Vipers Host Texas Legends in Western Conference Quarterfinals
- Vipers Drop Last Regular Season Game Before Playoffs