Revolution Defender Antonio Delamea Called in to Slovenia National Team
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Revolution defender Antonio Delamea has been called in by the Slovenia National Team for a training camp in Marbella, Spain. Delamea will be with the Slovenia National Team from Jan. 19-25 as the team convenes its final camp ahead of UEFA EURO 2020 Qualification, which begins in March. Following the conclusion of Slovenia's camp, Delamea will join the Revolution in Marbella, where the club will be stationed for the first leg of its preseason from Jan. 25 through Feb. 8.
Delamea, 27, earns his first call-up to the Slovenia National Team since October 2018, when he was an unused substitute for a pair of UEFA Nations League matches against Norway and Cyprus. He totaled seven bench appearances and one start in the nation's qualifying campaign, playing 90 minutes against Malta on June 10, 2017. The Celje native owns two career caps with Slovenia, his first coming in a 45-minute outing in a friendly against Poland on Nov.14, 2016. Slovenia opens its EURO 2020 qualifying campaign in March, when it faces Israel on March 21 and the Republic of Macedonia on March 24.
Since joining the Revolution in January 2017, Delamea has totaled 47 appearances - all starts - and 4,063 minutes played in central defense, contributing one goal and one assist. In 2018, he logged 1,516 minutes in league play across 18 starts.
The Revolution will open the 24th Major League Soccer season on Saturday, March 2 against FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium. The club will then return to Gillette Stadium on March 9 for the home opener against Columbus Crew SC. Season Memberships for the 2019 New England Revolution season are on sale now starting at just $381. For more information on how to purchase tickets, please call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit revolutionsoccer.net.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2019
- LA Galaxy 2019 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announces Groundbreaking Multi-Year Jersey Rights Partnership with Seattle-Based Online Retailer Zulily - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire to Open 2019 Preseason Schedule in Spain - Chicago Fire
- Revolution Defender Antonio Delamea Called in to Slovenia National Team - New England Revolution
- Bacon and Beer Classic Comes to Avaya Stadium April 13 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United and Ben Olsen Sign Multi-Year Contract Extension - D.C. United
- Red Bull Arena to Host Pair of International Matches in March - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Re-Signs Midfielder Ricardo Clark - Columbus Crew SC
- Maximiliano Urruti Signs New Multi-Year Deal with the Impact - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Fall to Atlanta United, 1-0, in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Game Preview: Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One - New England Revolution at Atlanta United FC
- Carles Gil Named 2019 Major League Soccer Newcomer of the Year
- Revolution Midfielder Carles Gil Voted a Finalist for 2019 MLS Newcomer of the Year Award
- UPDATE: Kickoff for Revolution's Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match at Atlanta United Moved to 1:00 p.m. on October 19