Chicago Fire to Open 2019 Preseason Schedule in Spain
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced today the details for its 2019 preseason schedule. With first-team players scheduled to report to the Club on Monday, Jan. 21, the Fire will open its 2019 preseason slate with a trip to Madrid, Spain, on Wednesday, Jan. 23 for a 15-day training camp overseas.
The Fire are currently scheduled to play two matches during its training camp in Spain. On Sunday, Feb. 3 the Men In Red will face La Liga AFE, commonly referred to as the Spanish footballers' union, at La Cuidad del Futbol de Las Rozas - the official training facility for the Spanish National Team. Three days later, the Fire are scheduled to take on Segunda Division B side CF Fuenlabrada on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at Estadio Fernando Torres.
Following the conclusion of the team's overseas training camp, the Fire will return to Chicago on Thursday, Feb. 7. The team will train at SeatGeek Stadium on Sunday, Feb. 10 before departing to Charleston, S.C., on Monday, Feb. 11 to participate in the 2019 Carolina Challenge Cup.
The Fire will play three matches in the Carolina Challenge Cup, facing Columbus Crew SC (Feb. 16), 2019 MLS expansion side FC Cincinnati (Feb. 20) and USL Championship side and tournament host Charleston Battery (Feb. 23) at MUSC Health Stadium.
The four participating teams will play in a round-robin style tournament with doubleheaders on Feb. 16, 20 and 23. Tickets for the Carolina Challenge Cup are currently on sale. Single-day tickets include both matches and start at $30. Series passes include six matches across all three days of the tournament and start at $65. Tickets are available at tickets.charlestonbattery.com or by calling 843-971-4625.
The Fire's complete 2019 preseason schedule is listed below:
Monday, Jan. 21 -Players report for training camp
Wednesday, Jan. 23 - Team departs forMadrid, Spain
Sunday, Feb. 3 - Chicago Fire vs. La Liga AFE at La Cuidad del Futbol de Las Rozas in Madrid, Spain
Wednesday, Feb. 6 - Chicago Fire vs. CF Fuenlabrada at Estadio Fernando Torres in Madrid, Spain
Thursday, Feb. 7 - Team returns to Chicago
Sunday, Feb. 10 - Training at SeatGeek Stadium
Monday, Feb. 11 - Team departs to Charleston, S.C.
Saturday, Feb. 16 - Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew SC at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, S.C. at 4 p.m. CT
Wednesday, Feb. 20 - Chicago Fire vs. FC Cincinnati at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, S.C. at 6:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, Feb. 23 - Chicago Fire vs. Charleston Battery at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, S.C. at 6:30 p.m. CT
Sunday, Feb. 24 - Team returns to Chicago
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2019
- LA Galaxy 2019 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announces Groundbreaking Multi-Year Jersey Rights Partnership with Seattle-Based Online Retailer Zulily - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire to Open 2019 Preseason Schedule in Spain - Chicago Fire
- Revolution Defender Antonio Delamea Called in to Slovenia National Team - New England Revolution
- Bacon and Beer Classic Comes to Avaya Stadium April 13 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United and Ben Olsen Sign Multi-Year Contract Extension - D.C. United
- Red Bull Arena to Host Pair of International Matches in March - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Re-Signs Midfielder Ricardo Clark - Columbus Crew SC
- Maximiliano Urruti Signs New Multi-Year Deal with the Impact - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Tickets Now on Sale for Home Opener at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Goalkeeper Connor Sparrow
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: January 20Ã¢ÂÂ26
- Chicago Fire FC Names David Zdrilic Assistant Coach
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Slovenia National Team Forward Robert Beric as Designated Player