Republic FC's Preseason Friendly Against Reno 1868 FC Moved to Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC announced today that their preseason friendly on Saturday, Feb. 23, against Reno 1868 FC has been moved to Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex in Davis, Calif. The club will face off against Reno in two split-squad matches on Saturday, with the first game beginning at 12 p.m. and a second match kicking off immediately after at 2 p.m. Both games will be free to attend, but fans must register beforehand at http://bit.ly/srfcfriendly.
Republic FC Head Coach Simon Elliott will be fielding two distinct squads for each game on Saturday as the club prepares for its season opener on March 9 at Papa Murphy's Park. Republic FC will take on Real Monarchs SLC in what will be just the second time the club opens the USL Championship season at home.
Fans will also have a chance to support Republic FC's next generation of players earlier on Saturday. The club's U-13 academy team will host San Francisco Glens Evolution U-13 at 10 a.m. at Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex.
Parking at Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex is free for fans attending any of Republic FC's games on Saturday. Fans are encouraged to bring their own seating arrangements, as the soccer complex does not feature bleacher seating. No alcohol is permitted on the premises, but a food truck will be on-site for fans to enjoy.
Saturday's preseason friendly was originally scheduled to be played at Stanislaus State, but was moved due to an unplayable playing field caused by recent inclement weather.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 20, 2019
- Battery, Crew Tie 1-1 - Charleston Battery
- Republic FC's Preseason Friendly Against Reno 1868 FC Moved to Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC Nets Two Goals against Defending Champions Louisville City FC - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Adds Forward Bradford Jamieson IV on Loan from LA Galaxy - San Antonio FC
- STLFC Preseason Games FAQs - Saint Louis FC
- Rangers Sign Rookie Midfielder Camden Riley - Swope Park Rangers
- Loudoun United FC Host First Scrimmage in Club History Tomorrow - Loudoun United
- Independence Ink Albanian International - Charlotte Independence
- New York Red Bulls II Add Venezuelan Defender Edgardo Rito on Loan - New York Red Bulls II
- Lights FC Announce Final Pre-Season Match - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Laurence Wyke - Atlanta United 2
- North Carolina Football Club to Host First-Ever Friendship Cup International Doubleheader on Saturday, March 23 - North Carolina FC
- Rowdies Sign Forward Juan Tejada - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Memphis 901 FC Single-Match Tickets for March and April Now on Sale - Memphis 901 FC
- Preseason: Week 3 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- City Council Unanimously Approves Term Sheet Accelerating Railyards Infrastructure Development
- Republic FC Parts Ways with Coaches Simon Elliott and Benjamin Ziemer Following 2019 Season
- Republic FC Falls to El Paso in the Western Conference Semifinals
- Republic FC Marches on to Western Conference Semis After Downing Reno
- Republic FC Book Place in Quarterfinals Following 2-1 Win over New Mexico