Rowdies Sign Forward Juan Tejada
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - After a series of impressive preseason performances, the Tampa Bay Rowdies have signed forward Juan Tejada to their 2019 USL Championship roster, the club announced Wednesday.
Tejada, 22, has been training and playing with the Rowdies as a trialist this preseason. He turned a few heads in Saturday night's match against D.C. United for his energy levels, speed and fearlessness. He was one of two trialists to score in the Rowdies' 4-2 win over the UCF Knights on February 9.
"Juan is a great example of the youthfulness and energy we want to instill at the Rowdies," Head Coach Neill Collins said. "He's been around our team for a while now and has impressed us from the start. We're excited to work with him and help him fulfill his potential. We see Juan as very much one for the future but if he continues on his same path as pre season he could force his way in even earlier."
Originally born in Panama, Tejada has been in the Tampa Bay area for a long time. He played high school soccer at IMG Academy and then attended Eckerd College in St. Petersburg. In four seasons with the Tritons, Tejada scored 23 goals and added 12 assists.
Tejada scored seven goals in 11 matches for the Lakeland Tropics in USL League Two (then the USL PDL) last season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 20, 2019
- Battery, Crew Tie 1-1 - Charleston Battery
- Republic FC's Preseason Friendly Against Reno 1868 FC Moved to Davis Legacy Soccer Club Complex - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC Nets Two Goals against Defending Champions Louisville City FC - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Adds Forward Bradford Jamieson IV on Loan from LA Galaxy - San Antonio FC
- STLFC Preseason Games FAQs - Saint Louis FC
- Rangers Sign Rookie Midfielder Camden Riley - Swope Park Rangers
- Loudoun United FC Host First Scrimmage in Club History Tomorrow - Loudoun United
- Independence Ink Albanian International - Charlotte Independence
- New York Red Bulls II Add Venezuelan Defender Edgardo Rito on Loan - New York Red Bulls II
- Lights FC Announce Final Pre-Season Match - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Laurence Wyke - Atlanta United 2
- North Carolina Football Club to Host First-Ever Friendship Cup International Doubleheader on Saturday, March 23 - North Carolina FC
- Rowdies Sign Forward Juan Tejada - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Memphis 901 FC Single-Match Tickets for March and April Now on Sale - Memphis 901 FC
- Preseason: Week 3 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.