RedHawks Put up Third Straight 10-Spot on AirHogs
FARGO, N.D. - For the third day in a row, the Grand Prairie AirHogs took an early lead on the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks, and for the third straight day, the RedHawks came back with an offensive onslaught, scoring five in the second and four in the fourth to start a rout as they beat the AirHogs 10-4 at Newman Outdoor Field on Saturday.
Fargo-Moorhead (32-21) won for the 11th game in a row, as the AirHogs (37-17) lost for the third straight time - the first time they have done that or lost a series since June 1-3 at Wichita.
Andres Rodriguez's RBI single in the first put the AirHogs on top, but after Ramon Garcia (0-2) got around a leadoff walk in the bottom of the first, he ran into trouble in the second.
Eric Campbell led off with a shallow fly to left that was lost by Yasutsugu Nishimoto for a single, before Jon Gaston flied out to center. Ryan Delgado followed with a double to left-center and Marcos Rodriguez pulled a ball down the first-base line to bring in the first two RedHawks runs. Todd Jennings then walked and Carlo Cota doubled down the third-base line to bring in Rodriguez. Zach Penprase followed with a two-run single to make it 5-1.
The AirHogs never got closer than three the rest of the way, scoring on run in the third on Brian Myrow's RBI double before the RedHawks scored four in the fourth to chase Garcia.
Both teams scored in the fifth, but the AirHogs could have made it a bigger inning. With the bases loaded on two walks and a hit batter, RedHawks starterTyler Herron (4-3) induced a 4-6-3 double play from Rodriguez before Greg Porter flied out to end the inning.
Another potential big inning was cut to just one in the seventh, as the first three AirHogs had hits to plate a run, but lefty Dan Morari struck out Myrow on a close 3-2 pitch before Rodriguez popped out and Porter grounded out.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 14, 2012
- Lemurs' Shut Out Take Two - Laredo Lemurs
- Espinosa the Hero, Bullpen Outstanding in Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Win, Pull Within Four Games of First Place - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos' Win Streak Ends As Saltdogs Walk Off In Ninth - El Paso Diablos
- T-Bones' Homers Down Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Fargo-Moorhead Beats Grand Prairie 10-4 for 11th Straight Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Babineau Hits Another Go-Ahead Homer in 'Cats 6-5 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Streak Snapped at Six - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Put up Third Straight 10-Spot on AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Get Two Blasts from Cabrera, Solid Pitching, to Win 4-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts' Starter, Owner Purchased by Blue Jays - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sioux City earns 7-3 victory - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Scored Three in Final Inning, Beat Wichita - Kansas City T-Bones
- Devil Bullpen Stymies Dogs, El Paso Wins in 12 - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs