Redbirds Rally by Albuquerque
MEMPHIS, TN - Memphis used a three-run, fifth-inning rally to down Albuquerque 5-3 Sunday night at AutoZone Park in front of 10,479 fans.
Trailing 2-1 in the fifth the Redbirds sent seven men to the plate to score three runs and take the lead. Amaury Cazana led off the inning with a single and scored on Brandon Dickson's RBI-single. Kevin Howard scored on a throwing error by Isotopes pitcher Tim Corcoran and Dickson later scored on a Tyler Greene groundout. The 'Birds tacked on another run in the sixth on a Jay Gibbons throwing error from right field that allowed Joe Mather to score. Cazana led Memphis with three hits and John Lindsey drove in two runs, including a solo home run, to lead Albuquerque.
Dickson earned the win for the Redbirds tossing seven strong innings. The right-hander allowed two runs on eight hits with three strikeouts for his team-best fifth win of the year. Dickson also went 2-for-3 at the plate. Corcoran took the loss giving up five runs, three earned, on nine hits over six innings. Fernando Salas worked a perfect ninth inning for his eighth save.
The Redbirds wrap up the series and homestand tomorrow against the Isotopes with game time scheduled for 1:05 p.m. It will be Moe's Monday tomorrow night with fans receiving one-dollar off ticket prices with a receipt from the Moe's Poplar location. For ticket information call 901.721.6000 or visit memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 30, 2010
- Redbirds Rally by Albuquerque - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Wait Out Rain, Batter Zephyrs 8-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cubs Defeat Sounds in Rain-Delayed Contest, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Sixth Inning Dooms Aces in 9-2 Loss to Gnats - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Go Quiet as Beavers Fall to Sky Sox - Portland Beavers
- Birkins, Sox Squeak by Portland, 3-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Royals Clout 6 Homers, Win 8th in a Row - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Drop Third Straight at Omaha, 10-2 - Round Rock Express
- Angels Recall Quinlan, McAnulty Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rally Falls Short As River Cats Defeat Aces, 5-4 - Reno Aces
- Smith Stellar But Sox Lose, 5-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Portland uses five, two-out RBIs to win, 5-4 - Portland Beavers
- More Winning, Less Drama for Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- AutoZone Park Set to Host St. Louis Cardinals Caravan
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership
- Redbirds, "I Love Memphis" Partner for $5 Tickets for Triple-A National Championship Game