Angels Recall Quinlan, McAnulty Joins Bees
SALT LAKE CITY (May 30, 2010) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that the club has recalled infielder Robb Quinlan from Salt Lake and reassigned infielder/outfielder Paul McAnulty to Salt Lake from Double-A Arkansas.
Quinlan, 33, has appeared in 23 games for the Bees in 2010, hitting .253 with six doubles, five RBI and one stolen base. He has appeared in five games with the Angels this season. In 54 games for the Angels in 2009, he hit .243 with five doubles, two homeruns and 14 RBI. The St. Paul, Minn. native was originally selected by the Angels in the 10th round of the 1999 draft.
McAnulty, 29, has appeared in 44 games for the Travelers in 2010, hitting .331 with three doubles, one triple, 14 home runs and 27 RBI. He split the 2009 season between the Red Sox and Rockies organizations. In 90 games for Triple-A Pawtucket, he hit .233 with 20 doubles, 11 home runs and 48 RBI. In 20 games for Triple-A Colorado Springs, he hit .182 with three doubles, two home runs and six RBI. The Oxnard, Calif. native was originally selected by the San Diego Padres in the 12th round of the 2002 draft.
The Salt Lake Bees continue a four-game homestand today at 2:05 p.m. against the Fresno Grizzlies at Spring Mobile Ballpark. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, call (801) 325-BASE or visit slbees.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 30, 2010
- Redbirds Rally by Albuquerque - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Wait Out Rain, Batter Zephyrs 8-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cubs Defeat Sounds in Rain-Delayed Contest, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Sixth Inning Dooms Aces in 9-2 Loss to Gnats - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Go Quiet as Beavers Fall to Sky Sox - Portland Beavers
- Birkins, Sox Squeak by Portland, 3-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Royals Clout 6 Homers, Win 8th in a Row - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Drop Third Straight at Omaha, 10-2 - Round Rock Express
- Angels Recall Quinlan, McAnulty Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rally Falls Short As River Cats Defeat Aces, 5-4 - Reno Aces
- Smith Stellar But Sox Lose, 5-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Portland uses five, two-out RBIs to win, 5-4 - Portland Beavers
- More Winning, Less Drama for Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ
- Netting to be Extended at Smith's Ballpark