Red Bulls Travel to Ohio to Face FC Cincinnati
HARRISON, N.J. -The New York Red Bulls (8-11-7, 31 points) will travel to Ohio to face off against FC Cincinnati (4-13-8, 20 points) on Saturday, October 2. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG, MSG GO, and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish via TuneIn, the New York Red Bulls app and NewYorkRedBulls.com.
Coverage on MSG begins at 7 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Stefano Fusaro will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
This will be the final meeting between New York and Cincinnati this season. In the first matchup on August 4, both teams battled to a 0-0 draw at Red Bull Arena. The Red Bulls have only played in Cincinnati once back in 2019, in which they won, 2-0. Midfielder Omir Fernandez scored the second goal of that match in second half stoppage time; this was his first career MLS regular-season goal. New York leads the overall series with a 3-2-1 mark. Cincinnati is currently on a four-match losing streak, which extends from September 15 to September 29.
In the month of September, New York only allowed five goals in six matches and earned two clean sheets. Fernandez and forward Patryk Klimala combined for six of New York's nine goals during the month. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in their last four matches, which started with a 4-0 win against Inter Miami CF and most recently was extended with a 1-1 draw against Philadelphia Union.
New York Captain Sean Davis made his 199th appearance in all competitions for the Red Bulls on Wednesday night. He is one match shy of becoming just the third player in franchise history to record 200 appearances across all competitions for the club. On Wednesday, he also moved into a tie with Dane Richards for fifth place in franchise history in MLS regular season games started (133).
Following Saturday's match, New York returns home for a two-match homestand, beginning with Inter Miami CF on Saturday, October 9. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Univision and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish via TuneIn, the New York Red Bulls app and NewYorkRedBulls.com.
New York Red Bulls vs. FC Cincinnati
2021 MLS Regular Season Match 27
TQL Stadium - Cincinnati, OH
Saturday, October 2, 2021 - 7:30 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG GO, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: Red Bulls lead, 3-2-1
At Cincinnati: New York leads, 1-0-0
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 1, 2021
- Minnesota United FC at FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- CF Montréal Hosts Atlanta United FC Saturday at Stade Saputo - Club de Foot Montreal
- Reigning MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS All-Star Walker Zimmerman Called up for World Cup Qualifying Matches - Nashville SC
- Christian Makoun Called up by Venezuela for FIFA World Cup QualifiersÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Žan Kolmanič Named to Slovenian Men's National Team Roster for FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Austin FC
- Timbers Midfielder Blake Bodily Loaned to San Diego Loyal - Portland Timbers
- Kaye, Mayaka Called up for World Cup Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- Second-Place Sporting to Host Houston on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Bryan Acosta Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers - FC Dallas
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Four Loons Called up to International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Red Bulls Travel to Ohio to Face FC Cincinnati - New York Red Bulls
- Tajon Buchanan Called in to Canada Men's National Team for October's World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- Charlotte FC Scout Ryan Johnson: "We're Putting in the Hours Every DayÃ¢ÂÂ - Charlotte FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face D.C. United - Orlando City SC
- Four CF Montréal Players Called up by Canadian National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Kickoff Time Adjusted to Rapids' October 10 Match at Minnesota United - Colorado Rapids
- Kickoff for MNUFC vs Colorado Match Changed to 3:00 PM CT - Minnesota United FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces EA SPORTS™ÃÂ FIFA 22 Initiatives - Inter Miami CF
- NWSL Announces Update Regarding this Weekend's Matches - Orlando City SC
- Mustafa Kizza Called up by Ugandan National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Real Salt Lake Makes First-Ever Trip to Austin FC - Real Salt Lake
- Gadi Kinda to Join Israel National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Keys to the Match: Settle the ScoreÃÂ - New York City FC
- CF Montréal Signs Loux11 as FIFA Esports Player Presented by BMO - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Sign Brazilian Goalkeeper Carlos Coronel
- New York Red Bulls Caden Clark and Aaron Long Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp
- New York Red Bulls Add Doolsta to eMLS Team
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bull Arena Named 2021 Professional Soccer Field of the Year