Red Bulls Earn Road Win in Dallas
The New York Red Bulls (4-5-2, 14 pts) earned a 3-1 road win over FC Dallas (5-4-2, 17 pts) on Saturday afternoon at Toyota Stadium in Frisco. New York earns its first road win of the season while handing Dallas its first home loss of 2019.
New York made 10 personnel changes, with Amro Tarek the only player to remain in the starting lineup from Wednesday's match against Montreal, as New York entered it's third match in eight days.
Cristian Casseres Jr. opened the scoring for New York, shooting low through traffic from the top of the box and beating Jesse Gonzalez for his second goal of the season.
Sean Nealis scored his first MLS goal in his first MLS start to give New York the win, deflecting a shot from Michael Amir Murillo in the 58th minute.
Brian White added an insurance goal, his second of the season,in the 85th minute off of a feed from Omir Fernandez.
Ryan Meara got the start and the captain's armband in his first MLS appearance since June 2018, and made five saves.
The Red Bulls return home next weekend to host Atlanta United FC on Sunday, May 19 in a rematch of the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET with coverage on FS1, Fox Deportes and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York is 50-44-23 all-time in the month of May. New York has scored 181 goals in May and allowed 167.
FC Dallas 1, New York Red Bulls 3
2019 MLS Regular-Season Match 11
Saturday May 11, 2019 - 2 p.m. ET
Toyota Stadium | Frisco, Texas
NY - Cristian Casseres Jr. 2 (Andreas Ivan) 11'
DAL - Jesus Ferreira 4 (Jacori Hayes) 45'+2'
NY - Sean Nealis 1 (Michael Amir Murillo) 58'
NY - Brian White 2 (Omir Fernandez) 85'
NY - Kyle Duncan (caution, unsporting behavior) 45'+2'
New York Red Bulls: Ryan Meara ©; Kyle Duncan, Amro Tarek, Sean Nealis, Michael Amir Murillo, Vincent Bezecourt (Sean Davis, 18'), Cristian Casseres Jr., Andreas Ivan, Kaku, Derrick Etienne Jr. (Omir Fernandez, 73'), Brian White
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 5
FC Dallas: Jesse Gonzalez; Reggie Cannon, Ryan Hollingshead (Zdenek Ondrasek
64'), Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler ©, John Nelson, Bryan Acosta, Pablo Aranguiz, Jacori Hayes (Thomas Roberts, 78'), Dominique Badji (Jesus Ferreira, 29'), Santiago Mosqueda
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 1
Referee: Drew Fischer
Assistant Referees: Philippe Briere, Gianni Facchini
4th Official: Tim Ford
VAR: Dave Gantar
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2019
- Loons Fall 2-0 to Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Dynamo Fall 1-0 at Seattle - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Postgame Notes - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Defeats Minnesota United FC 2-0 - Chicago Fire
- Early Goals Propel Revolution to 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution
- Vako scores first goal of season; Quakes snap four-match unbeaten streak - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Outlasts Colorado in 3-2 Road Win - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Routs Columbus Crew SC 3-0 on Saturday Evening - Los Angeles FC
- Union win on the road in Toronto for the first time since 2014 - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2 - Saturday, May 11, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Falls to the New York Red Bulls, 3-1, at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Earn Road Win in Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Suffers 2-1 Loss to FC Cincinnati - Montreal Impact
- Timbers Fall 1-0 on the Road to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Portland Timbers
- Montero scores early as 'Caps defeat rivals for their second straight win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Continue Group E Matches with Thursday Night Tilt against Columbus
- Red Bulls Open Group E Matches with 1-0 Win over Atlanta
- Match Preview: New York and Atlanta Clash on National TV Saturday Night
- Yanmar Sponsors New York Red Bulls as Jersey Patch Sponsor for MLS Is Back Tournament
- Josh Sims Returns to Southampton FC