LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2 - Saturday, May 11, 2019
- In their 12th game of the season, the LA Galaxy fell 0-2 to NYCFC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday afternoon.
- LA Galaxy were the last MLS team to hold a perfect home record in 2019.
- The result moves the Galaxy to 7-4-1 with 22 points through 12 matches on the season.
- Against NYCFC, the Galaxy are now 1-4-0.
- This year at home, the Galaxy are now 6-1-0, with 13 goals scored and eight goals conceded.
- The Galaxy have played three of six matches in May.
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto is now 7-4-1 all-time as a head coach in MLS.
- In their next match, the Galaxy will return to Dignity Health Sports Park when they host Colorado Rapids on Sunday, May 19 (Spectrum SportsNet).
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2
Saturday - 1 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles
NYC - Héber 44'
NYC - Maximilliano Moralez (penalty) 45'+6'
LA - Servando Carrasco 79' (caution)
LA - Zlatan Ibrahimoivc 87' (caution)
NYC - Sean Johnson 87' (caution)update
LA - Joe Corona 90' (caution)
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Daniel Steres, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Diego Polenta; Julian Araujo, Sebastian Lletget, Servando Carrasco (Emil Cuello 82'), Joe Corona, Diedie Traore (Ema Boateng HT); Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Uriel Antuna (Chris Pontius 71')
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Juninho, Dave Romney, Jorgen Skjelvik.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 14; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 19; OFFSIDE: 6; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 4.
NYCFC: Sean Johnson; Maxime Chanot, James Sands, Alexander Callens; Anton Tinnerholm, Alexander Ring, Tony Rocha, Ronald Matarrita (Sebastien Ibeagha 74'); Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (Alexandru Mitrita 65'), Héber, Maximilliano Moralez (Keaton Parks 76')
Substitutions not used: Brad Stuver, Jesús Medina, Valetin Castellanos, Juan Torres.
Head Coach: Domenec Torrent
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 0.
Referee: Christopher Penso
Referee's Assistants: Brian Poeschel, Felisha Mariscal
4th Official: Ismir Pekmic
VAR: Ricardo Salazar
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 11, 2019
- Loons Fall 2-0 to Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Dynamo Fall 1-0 at Seattle - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Postgame Notes - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Defeats Minnesota United FC 2-0 - Chicago Fire
- Early Goals Propel Revolution to 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes - New England Revolution
- Vako scores first goal of season; Quakes snap four-match unbeaten streak - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Outlasts Colorado in 3-2 Road Win - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Routs Columbus Crew SC 3-0 on Saturday Evening - Los Angeles FC
- Union win on the road in Toronto for the first time since 2014 - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2 - Saturday, May 11, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Falls to the New York Red Bulls, 3-1, at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Earn Road Win in Dallas - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Suffers 2-1 Loss to FC Cincinnati - Montreal Impact
- Timbers Fall 1-0 on the Road to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Portland Timbers
- Montero scores early as 'Caps defeat rivals for their second straight win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Expand TOGETHER AT HOME Community Initiative
- LA Galaxy Join 'Teams for LA' to Benefit the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles
- LA Galaxy Unveil Support Local Campaign in Conjunction with TOGETHER AT HOME
- LA Galaxy Forward Chicharito Headlines eMLS Tournament Special
- LA Galaxy Launch TOGETHER AT HOME Campaign