Real Salt Lake Announces Extended Partnership with America First Credit Union
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake is proud to announce a long-term extension to its partnership with America First Credit Union (AFCU). With the extension, America First Credit Union will become the Official Credit Union of Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Rio Tinto Stadium, and will also have a significant partnership with the 2019 USL Championship title-winning Real Monarchs and the RSL Youth Development Academy.
The partnership extension will provide more exclusive America First Credit Union member-only benefits and connectivity with fans, and generate deeper, stronger and better market-wide promotions - including AFCU/Real Salt Lake and AFCU/Utah Royals FC co-branded credit and debit cards. Building on a long-standing partnership between the club and AFCU that has seen numerous activations at Rio Tinto Stadium, including in the America First Credit Union Pavilion, the two Utah community leaders will now extend their relationship to include promotions with the America First Charitable Foundation and the RSL Youth Development Academy.
"America First Credit Union has long been a valued partner with Real Salt Lake and this extension and commitment not only broadens the spectrum of the relationship to include a wider array of activation possibilities, but also provides a much deeper connection between the RSL organization and AFCU," Real Salt Lake Chief Business Officer Andrew Carroll said. "America First Credit Union and its members have made a tremendous commitment in support of Utah's soccer community for all men, women, boys and girls, which further demonstrates their special and comprehensive commitment to Utah's community overall."
"America First Credit Union is always looking for ways to provide value to our members and enhance our communities and we're thankful to be able to provide that through our partnership with Real Salt Lake," said John B. Lund, AFCU President and CEO. "We'll continue to invest in community members and organizations that support and inspire those in our community to secure their goals, both literally and financially."
Real Salt Lake finished the 2019 season third in the Western Conference at 16-13-5 (53 points) and advanced to the Western Conference Semifinals for the second consecutive season. RSL will open the 2020 season on the road against Orlando City SC on February 29 before returning to Rio Tinto Stadium for the home opener against the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, March 7, at 12 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2020
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Shane O'Neill - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Announces Extended Partnership with America First Credit Union - Real Salt Lake
- Ezequiel Barco, Franco Escobar, Eric Remedi Become U.S. Permanent Residents, No Longer Occupy International Roster Spots - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Acquires Canadian Central Defender Joel Waterman - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire FC and Defender Marcelo Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Full 2020 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Opponents for 2020 Preseason Schedule - FC Cincinnati
- BBVA Stadium Selects ParkMobile as Official Parking Partner - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Announce 2020 Preseason Plans - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Acquire Peruvian National Team Midfielder Edison Flores - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product John Tolkin - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Acquires Allocation Money from Colorado - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Names Frank Klopas Assistant Coach - Chicago Fire
- Inaugural MLS Youth Affiliate Coaches Summit Brings Expanded League Presence to United Soccer Coaches Convention - MLS
- 28 Players Will Take Part in the 2020 Montreal Impact Training Camp - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aidan Morris - Columbus Crew SC
- Czech Republic and Greece Selected as Rivals for Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Games in Charlotte and Dallas - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Acquires General Allocation Money from LAFC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Corey Baird to Long-Term Contract Extension
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Ashtone Morgan
- Real Salt Lake Announces Additions to Coaching and Technical Staffs
- Real Salt Lake Retains Kyle Beckerman for 2020 Season