Czech Republic and Greece Selected as Rivals for Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Games in Charlotte and Dallas
NEW YORK CITY & MEXICO CITY - Two historic European squads have been selected as opponents for the Mexican National Team's upcoming 2020 U.S. Tour March games. The FederaciÃ³n Mexicana de FÃºtbol (FMF) and Soccer United Marketing (SUM) today announced that Czech Republic will be Mexico's rival on Thursday, March 26, at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC - presented by Allstate. Kickoff time is set for 8:30 p.m. ET. Mexico will then take on Greece at the 5G-enabled AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX on Sunday, March 29 - presented by AT&T. Kickoff will be at 6 p.m. CT. The three teams are expected to bring their top rosters as the games will be played during the March FIFA dates.
Tickets for the two matches are now on sale via www.MexTour.org. For the ultimate fan experience at MexTour Dallas, All-Access packages are available which include an autographed jersey, meet and greet with former national team legends, VIP hospitality at the MexTour Live concert, and a post-game field experience at AT&T Stadium. Inventory is limited.
To pre-register for future ticket information, fans are invited to visit www.MexTour.org for the latest information related to the team's visit to U.S. cities throughout the year, including full tour schedule, on-sale dates, gameday guide and activities, public events and more. Also, fans can visit the official Mexican National Team U.S. e-store, ShopMNT.com, featuring the latest team gear, including jerseys, hats, team merchandise and more.
Czech Republic, who will be competing in the 2020 UEFA Euros, has played one match against Mexico, with the Europeans winning 2-1 in the 2000 Carlsberg Cup in Hong Kong (does not include games against the former Czechoslovakia).
Mexico has faced the 2014 European Champions Greece on three occasions, recording one win and two ties. The two teams last faced at the 2005 FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany, playing to a 0-0 tie.
Mexican National Team U.S. Tour matches have become one of the most popular events in the sport, with an average of nearly 54,000 fans per game during the 2019 edition. With nearly 90 games played since 2002, the Mexican National Team has been able to use the matches not only to prepare for important competitions like the FIFA World Cup and Concacaf Gold Cup, but also to reach their fervent fan base across North America.
The Mexican National Team U.S. Tour, sponsored by adidas, Allstate, AT&T, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Coca-Cola, Delta/Aeromexico, Estrella Jalisco, Honey Nut Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Nissan, POWERADE, The Home Depot, and Wells Fargo. The tour will visit various cities across the United States in 2020 and be broadcast nationally on the Univision family of networks and FÃºtbol de Primera Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2020
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Shane O'Neill - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Announces Extended Partnership with America First Credit Union - Real Salt Lake
- Ezequiel Barco, Franco Escobar, Eric Remedi Become U.S. Permanent Residents, No Longer Occupy International Roster Spots - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Acquires Canadian Central Defender Joel Waterman - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire FC and Defender Marcelo Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Chicago Fire
- Nashville SC Announces Full 2020 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Opponents for 2020 Preseason Schedule - FC Cincinnati
- BBVA Stadium Selects ParkMobile as Official Parking Partner - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Announce 2020 Preseason Plans - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Acquire Peruvian National Team Midfielder Edison Flores - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product John Tolkin - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Acquires Allocation Money from Colorado - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Names Frank Klopas Assistant Coach - Chicago Fire
- Inaugural MLS Youth Affiliate Coaches Summit Brings Expanded League Presence to United Soccer Coaches Convention - MLS
- 28 Players Will Take Part in the 2020 Montreal Impact Training Camp - Montreal Impact
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aidan Morris - Columbus Crew SC
- Czech Republic and Greece Selected as Rivals for Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Games in Charlotte and Dallas - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information
- FC Dallas Announces Details for Celebrate25 Week Leading up to 2020 Home Opener on February 29
- FC Dallas Announces Enhancements for the 2020 Season
- FC Dallas' 25th Season Features Refreshed Culinary Options at Toyota Stadium
- FC Dallas Signs 2020 SuperDraft No. 14 Overall Pick Nkosi Burgess