Rays Hire New Equipment Manager
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays announced today the hiring of John Williams as the new equipment manager for the 2006-2007 season.
"John was an obvious choice and is a great fit for the Stingrays," said Assistant Coach and Vice President of Hockey Operations, Jared Bednar. "He's been with the organization and assisted our previous equipment managers over the last few years. The team is very lucky to have him on-board again this season."
Williams, 33, has been with the Stingrays organization for eight years as the Assistant Equipment Manager. Prior to joining the hockey operations staff, the Charleston, S.C. native was a season ticket holder with an interest in the operational side of hockey. Jeff Camelio, now with the Nashville Predators of the NHL, introduced him to the business and ultimately led to his hiring with the team in 1998.
"I enjoy being around the team atmosphere and am really grateful for this opportunity that the organization has given me," commented Williams. "I look forward to working closer with DJ Church along with the players this year as we look to make a long run into the ECHL playoffs."
By taking on the Equipment Manager position, Williams will now be in charge of ordering equipment, sharpening skates, equipment repairs, setting up for the referees and visiting teams, ensuring all players are packed correctly for road trips, and keeping the working environment clean.
Williams replaces Heath Kaufman who has left the team to pursue other opportunities.
The puck drops on the 14th season of hockey in the Low Country on October 20th at Gwinnett and returns to home ice on the 21st against Columbia. Order your Stingrays full season, weekend, or partial ticket package today by calling a ticket sales manager at 843-744-2248 or by logging onto www.stingrayshockey.com. Packages start as low as $60 and include all the great benefits of being a season ticket holder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 21, 2006
- Spike behind bars, bail set at $2,400 - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Condors Support Healthy Hearts - Bakersfield Condors
- Rays Hire New Equipment Manager - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ice Pilots attend opening of YMCA in Navarre - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Announce Schedule Changes - South Carolina Stingrays
- Chiefs sign defenseman Doug Andress - Johnstown Chiefs
- Condors begin announcing special events - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Schedule Altered - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wildcatters Sign Pair of Rookies - Texas Wildcatters
- Ice Pilots announce changes to schedule, start times to games - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Carl's Jr. Named Presenting Sponsor of Opening Weekend - Fresno Falcons
- Titans announce changes to '06-07 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Royals' Schedule Undergoes Minor Modifications - Reading Royals
- Chiefs' January visit to Reading rescheduled - Johnstown Chiefs
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx announce changes to 2006-07 season schedule - Augusta Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Rays Sign Defenseman Evan Fiala
- Whitney's Big Night Propels Stingrays Past Atlanta
- Stingrays Weekly Report
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass