Carl's Jr. Named Presenting Sponsor of Opening Weekend
Fresno, Calif. - The Fresno Falcons announced today that the team's Opening Weekend Extravaganza against the Las Vegas Wranglers on Friday, October 20 and Sunday, October 22 will be sponsored by Carl's Jr.
Opening Night with the Falcons takes place on Friday, October 20 at 7:30 p.m. On that night, the team will celebrate their 2006 Pacific Division Championship with a banner-raising ceremony prior to the game. In addition, the first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Falcons mini Pacific Division Championship banner courtesy of Carl's Jr., KSEE 24, and 93.7 KISS Country. Opening Night also features the on on-ice wedding of Darrin and Sandy, two long-time Falcons' fans who will be tying the knot. The wedding ceremony takes place at center ice during the first intermission. Gnarley Charley from KISS Country will perform the ceremony, and Freddie Falcon will serve as the ring bearer.
Opening Weekend continues on Sunday, October 22 with a 5:00 p.m. face-off against the Wranglers. The first 3,000 fans in attendance receive a 2006-07 Falcons magnetic schedule. Following the game fans will have the opportunity to join the Falcons' players on the ice for a post-game skating session. Sunday is also America's Walk for Diabetes Night. All participants in the October 8 America's Walk for Diabetes will be able to purchase discounted tickets for the October 22 game.
"Opening Weekend will feature something for everyone," Falcons CEO John Tull said. "With the championship celebration, wedding on ice, and two great games of hockey action, it is definitely a weekend not to be missed.
"It'll be our honor to host Darrin and Sandy's wedding," Tull added. "We hope that everyone in the Central Valley will want to come out for Opening Night to join in this special occasion for two great Falcons' fans."
Season tickets for the 2006-2007 season are on sale now. Guarantee yourself great seats to 36 action-packed Falcons home games at the Save Mart Center! Ticket packages start as low as three easy payments of $108 per month. For more information on the Falcons ticket packages, contact the Falcons front office at (559) 485-PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 21, 2006
- Spike behind bars, bail set at $2,400 - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Condors Support Healthy Hearts - Bakersfield Condors
- Rays Hire New Equipment Manager - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ice Pilots attend opening of YMCA in Navarre - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Announce Schedule Changes - South Carolina Stingrays
- Chiefs sign defenseman Doug Andress - Johnstown Chiefs
- Condors begin announcing special events - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Schedule Altered - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wildcatters Sign Pair of Rookies - Texas Wildcatters
- Ice Pilots announce changes to schedule, start times to games - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Carl's Jr. Named Presenting Sponsor of Opening Weekend - Fresno Falcons
- Titans announce changes to '06-07 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Royals' Schedule Undergoes Minor Modifications - Reading Royals
- Chiefs' January visit to Reading rescheduled - Johnstown Chiefs
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx announce changes to 2006-07 season schedule - Augusta Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.