Rawhide Take Series Opener 5-1
Visalia, CA- The Inland Empire 66ers of San Bernardino dropped the first game of a three-game series at Visalia 5-1 on Wednesday night at Recreation Park. The Sixers mustered just three singles in the contests and fell to 0-7 against the Rawhide (56-31, 12-9) in the 2019 campaign.
Josh Green (9-1) was spectacular on the hill for the Rawhide as the righty tossed six shutout frames surrendering just two singles, no walks and striking out a career-high 11 batters lowering his ERA to 1.73. He is now 2-0 against Inland Empire (32-58, 6-15) this season and each time has set career-bests in Ks (nine on 5/4). Kyle Bradish (3-6) took a tough luck loss allowing two earned runs on six hits with one walk and eight Ks in 5.2 IP. Inland Empire trailed 3-0 in the seventh and scratched a run against Green's replacement Jared Miller as he walked Franklin Torres for the Sixers first and proved to be only run. RHP Luis Castillo came in and got out of the jam with no further damage. Visalia pitching struck out 17 batters walking three while Sixers' hurlers fanned ten with one walk.
The series continues on Thursday at 7:00 pm. The contest can be heard live at 66ers.com.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Rawhide Take Series Opener 5-1 - Inland Empire 66ers
- Cal Raleigh Clubs a Pair Bombs in 5-2 Win - Modesto Nuts
- Green Pitches Two-Hitter for Ninth Win of the Season - Visalia Rawhide
- Stockton Offense Overwhelming in 15-2 Win - Stockton Ports
- Giants Snap Quakes' Nine-Game Win Streak - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- JetHawks Drop Homestand Opener - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inland Empire 66ers Stories
- Devin Davis Leads Sixers to 5-3 Win at Rancho Cucamonga
- Sixers Defeated by Quakes in 2019 Finale
- Herrin Dazzles on Mound, Rivas and Davis Deliver at Plate
- Cruz Hammers Three-Run Shot in Sixers Win at Rancho Cucamonga
- 66ers Comeback with Three in the Eighth, Take Three-Game Set