Rasmussen and Lindstrom to Detroit, Fulcher Returns
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled center Michael Rasmussen from the Grand Rapids Griffins, reassigned defenseman Gustav Lindstrom to their taxi squad from the Griffins, and reassigned goaltender Kaden Fulcher to Grand Rapids from their taxi squad.
Rasmussen, 21, skated in eight games for the Red Wings earlier this season, posting three points (0-3--3) and six penalty minutes before being assigned to Grand Rapids on Feb. 1. With the Griffins, he has compiled six points (2-4--6) and six PIM in seven games and is currently riding a five-game point streak (2-3--5). Prior to the start of the 2020-21 NHL season, Rasmussen suited up in 18 games for Graz EC of the Austrian Eishockey Liga, recording 18 points (5-13--18) and 42 PIM.
The third-year pro spent the 2019-20 season with the Griffins and posted among team leaders with 22 points (9th) and 15 assists (7th), despite being limited to 35 games due to injury. Rasmussen played the majority of his rookie professional season (2018-19) with Detroit and tallied 18 points (8-10--18) in 62 games, finishing the year tied for third among Red Wings skaters with four power-play goals. In all, the 6-foot-6, 229-pound forward has totaled 21 points (8-13--21) in 70 games with the Red Wings and 30 points (11-19--30) in 45 games with the Griffins.
ï»¿ï»¿Lindstrom, 22, has appeared in five games with Grand Rapids this season, registering four PIM. He logged his first North American campaign in 2019-20, compiling five assists in 45 games as a Griffin before making his NHL debut with Detroit on Feb. 6, 2020 at Buffalo and continuing on to chip in one assist in 16 appearances with the Red Wings. A second-round pick in 2017, he began the current season on loan to Almtuna in Sweden's Allsvenskan league, compiling 11 assists in 20 games.
Fulcher, 22, has yet to make his 2020-21 season debut. A third-year pro, he was limited to two games during the 2019-20 campaign with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye due to injury. The netminder appeared in 30 games with the Walleye over his first two professional seasons, posting a 15-9-6 record, a 3.17 GAA, a 0.894 save percentage and one shutout. Fulcher made his NHL debut in relief duty during the Red Wings' season finale on April 6, 2019 against Buffalo, making nine saves on 11 shots on goal.
The Griffins will take a 4-3-0-0 mark into Wednesday's 7 p.m. EST contest at Rockford. Fans can watch the game via a subscription to AHLTV ($34.99 for all games, home and road) or tune in on Newsradio WOOD 106.9 FM/1300 AM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2021
- Jarvis Reassigned to Portland - Chicago Wolves
- Asselin's Hat Trick Propels P-Bruins to 4-2 Win over Hartford Wolf Pack - Providence Bruins
- Asselin, Providence Top Pack, 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Time Change for March 26 Road Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Announced - Hershey Bears
- Stars Name Melnick and Baptiste Alternate Captains - Texas Stars
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of March 1, 2021 - Tucson Roadrunners
- An Explosive Start for Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket
- Hershey Bears Weekly: Strong Play Continues Heading into March - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Unveil "Pet of the Week" Feature in Partnership with NOBL Foods and the Connecticut Humane Society - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rasmussen and Lindstrom to Detroit, Fulcher Returns - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Double up Moose in Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.