Rascals Win Sixth Straight
O'Fallon, MO - The Rascals (31-24) won their sixth straight game, defeated the Schaumburg Boomers (23-32) 10-3 on Tuesday, July 19 at T.R. Hughes Ballpark.
RHP Dane Stone (W, 5-2) earned his second straight win after tossing 6.0 innings. He surrendered just one run, a solo homer, and struck out five batters. Stone did not allow a hit until the fourth inning and surrendered just three total base knocks. RHP Zeb Sneed pitched 1.0 perfect frame, and LHP Kyle Bouman surrendered a two-run homer over his 2.0 innings of work.
2B Hector Crespo broke the scoreless tie with a solo homerun in the fourth inning, his third of the season.
Justin Vasquez tied the game in the next inning with his first homer of the season.
The Rascals then sent 11 batters to the plate and exploded for six runs and seven hits in the bottom of the fifth. C Josh Ludy led off with his eighth homerun, a solo shot to right field. 1B Zach Kometani was then hit by a pitch, and SS Josh Silver reached on a bunt single. After a sacrifice bunt advanced both runners, Kometani scored on a groundout by LF Brian Hansen. DH Danny Canela followed with a two-run homer, his 11th. 3B Taylor Ard and Crespo each singled; Ard advanced to third on the hit, and Crespo stole second. RF Jackson Slaid then hit an RBI infield single, and a throwing error by third baseman T.J. Bennett allowed Crespo to score.
The Rascals scored three more runs in the sixth inning. Silver walked and CF Curran Redal singled to open the inning. Hansen then launched a three-run shot to left field, his fourth of the year.
Alexi Colon hit a two-run homer in the eighth for the final two runs of the game.
Pete Gehle (L, 1-3) surrendered seven runs on 11 hits over 5.0 innings of work. Bo Logan allowed three runs in just 1.0 frame.
The Rascals and Schaumburg Boomers continue their three-game series on Wednesday, July 22 at T.R. Hughes Ballpark at 6:35 p.m. CDT.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 22, 2015
- Miners Use Timely Hitting to Pull Past Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- Klein, Bats Lead Miners Past Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
- Aviators Fly Past Freedom Late in Series Opener - Florence Y'alls
- Slammers Crush CornBelters 16-2 - Joliet Slammers
- Allen, Aviators Get Back on Track with Win in Florence - Rockford Aviators
- Boomers Steal Late Road Decision - Schaumburg Boomers
- Slammers Pound CornBelters to Even Mid-Week Series - Normal CornBelters
- Crushers use trio of three-run innings to beat Wild Things - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things Drop Game Two in Turnpike Series, Crushers Win 9-5 - Washington Wild Things
- Untimely Hitting and Poor Defense Snap Otters' 7 Game Streak, 4-3 - Evansville Otters
- ThunderBolts Fall to Greys 11-3 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- July 22 Florence Freedom Game Notes & Updated Roster - Florence Y'alls
- Rascals Win Sixth Straight - River City Rascals
- Normal CornBelters Game Tonight - Normal CornBelters
- Evansville Otters Game Preview - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.