Raptors 905 Announces Broadcast Team and TV Schedule
Raptors 905, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, announced Tuesday its on-air broadcast team and NBA TV broadcast schedule for the 2015-16 regular season. Meghan McPeak, Gareth Wheeler and Ashley Docking will be the club's broadcast team, bringing nine home games live to NBA TV Canada. In addition, all Raptors 905 games will be broadcast live on YouTube and Raptors905.com.
McPeak will take on play-by-play duties for the club, after two seasons calling the Brampton A's in the National Basketball League of Canada, becoming the first female play-by-play commentator in the country. Previously, the Hamilton, Ontario native was the voice of Cable 14 and CFMU Radio for four years, covering McMaster University's men's and women's basketball, including the Women's CIS National Championships and OUA Men's Final Four.
Wheeler, a Toronto-based television/radio host and columnist of over a decade, joins the team as an analyst. Currently a co-host of GameDay, weekday mornings on TSN 1050 Radio, Wheeler is also a host and colour commentator for Toronto FC, a contributor on Raptors broadcasts, as well as a columnist for TSN.ca.
Docking joins the team as a sideline reporter. Docking is a recent inductee into the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association Hall of Fame for her accomplishments with Seneca College in both basketball and soccer. She was a member of back-to-back OCAA champion women's basketball teams in 2005-06 and 2006-07 and was named a women's basketball championship all-star in 2007-08 as Seneca was awarded the OCAA silver medal. In 2008-09, Docking was named a first-team all-star, east defensive player of the year, OCAA championship all-star, Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association championship second-team all-star and OCAA female athlete of the year.
NBA TV will produce nine live TV broadcasts, including seven from Hershey Centre in Mississauga and two from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, beginning November 29 against Delaware.
Below is the complete list of scheduled Raptors 905 television broadcasts on NBA TV Canada (all times Eastern):
Nov. 29 - Delaware @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Dec. 5 - Grand Rapids @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Dec. 11 - Maine @ Raptors 905 (from ACC) - 11 a.m.
Dec. 19 - Delaware @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Jan. 2 - Sioux Falls @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Jan. 27 - Erie @ Raptors 905 - 11 a.m.
Mar. 5 - Maine @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Mar. 14 - Fort Wayne @ Raptors 905 (from ACC) - 12 p.m.
Mar. 26 - Westchester @ Raptors 905 - 2 p.m.
Raptors 905 opens its regular season home schedule on Thursday, November 19 when it plays host to the Maine Red Claws at Hershey Centre at 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 17, 2015
- Charge Fall on the Road in Delaware - Canton Charge
- Charge Waive Wright - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Re-Acquire Davion Berry - Maine Red Claws
- Anthony Brown Assigned to D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Drive Falls to Austin in First Loss of Season, 108-93 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Raptors 905 Acquires Ashton Smith - Raptors 905
- Mad Ants to Host Chili's Report Card Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Raptors 905 Announces Broadcast Team and TV Schedule - Raptors 905
- Terryberry Partners with Grand Rapids Drive to Fight Childhood Hunger - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Future Sport Lab Startups Showcase Innovation with Ryerson and MLSE Leaders
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
- Chris Boucher Named the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and the 2018-19 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV